Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Does Starfleet know?

Author Topic: Does Starfleet know?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the Voyager contacted the USS Prometheus and thereby Starfleet in one episode using an alien communications network. But aftre the episode, they seem to have forgotten completely. They never mentioned it again and they're not even the slightest bit excited about it.

Another point: I think that the crewmembers are a little bit too interested in 20th century stuff. From their point of view, thats almost 400 years ago! They still remember all their ancestors and things that happened back then (11:59).

------------------
"There will be an answer, let it be..."
Motto of the USS Sutherland

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hint: Search the Voyager forum for Pathfinder stuff.
'nuff said

Welkom bij de Flare Forums

------------------
Life on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free annual trip around the sun!

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited December 14, 1999).]

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Those events have been referred to several times. "Hunters" continued the "MiaB" story; "Hope and Fear" dealt in part with the message from Starfleet in "Hunters"; "Extreme Risk" mentions the fact that B'Elanna is having difficulty knowing that all her Maquis friends are dead - which she learned from "Hunters"; "Pathfinder" also mentions them. I guess the Doctor going ("MiaB") wasn't so exciting as getting a message back ("Hun"), but still - those events haven't been ignored.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, one of the Starfleet officers (I forget his name) mentions the doctor coming to the alpha quadrant.

------------------
Calvin: "My life needs a rewind/erase button."
Hobbes: "...and a volume control."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well I must say that there is nothing wrong with crew's interest in the 20th century. If you think about it we here in the 20th century study the past alot, we're constantly studying the renaissance, because our whole culture basically grew out of what was created during the renaissance. Well from the crew of voyager's point of view their whole culture grew from the 20th century. I believe we are in right now what will be referred to as a 2nd renaissance. Look at all the creative juices flowing around us right now, and for the past hundred years. Tons of new forms of art, including many new styles of music, dance, etc...Cars, planes, space travel all invented in the last century, Computer's for God's sake!! Mankind has being been growing by leaps and jumps just like it was back in the renaissance, so the crew's interest in the 20th century is very justified.

my 2 cents

-FTM

------------------
my favorite web site
http://www.csoft.net/~datanet/bb/Ultimate.cgi

"Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts."
"I don't care what universe you're from, that's got to hurt!"

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps