Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » After they get back to Earth... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: After they get back to Earth...
Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think that they will keep lieutenant Torres, commander Chakotay, and ensign Paris when Voyager gets back? I mean it would be very depressing to see Torres being put in the brig and Chakotay gets court-martialed and stuff. Right?

------------------
"The Founder is wise in all things..."
"We live to serve the Founders..."

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is charges will be dropped.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

grb
Ex-Member

Well I was thinking that at first the Maquis crew members would be considered as heros for fighting aginst the cardassians, who are now porbabaly rather hated by many federation citizens (remember O'Brien;s feelings towards cardassians). But I think starfleet woulnd't be to happy with a convict con offcier, and a maquis XO and cheif engineer. They might might demote paris to the night shift, and replce chakotay and torres with starfleet offciers, at least immediately after Voyager gets back. Perhaps eventually, chakotay, paris, and torres will prove their worth, and get back to their former positions.

------------------
"Obviously you refuse to cooperate with me. Obviously you have no discipline to kepp the mouth shut. Obviously you don't. Let's try it that way, then you might get the hint. How many more minutes are we going to waste asking you not to talk? How many more!?!"-a recording of my disciplined (the dean is outright scary) Catholic school Geometry teacher, available on the internet.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starfleet can insist, but if Janeway's still alive at the end she'll convince Starfleet that it's this crew that she wants and none other. She did get Tom Paris onto Voyager, despite his being a convict didn't she?

------------------
The line must be drawn here, this far, no further. Picard, First Contact

The line has to be drawn here, this far and no further. Quark, Dogs of War

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But why would they want to stay together on Voyager?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

grb: Although Paris has a pretty spotty record, he's served his time. The whole reason he signed on Voyager was to help Janeway track down the Maquis in exchange for early release from New Zealand.

Elim: For the movie deal? =P

[This message has been edited by Lt. Tom (edited December 20, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on the character. Paris has basically reinvented himself on Voyager, and I don't see him leaving the ship if he has a chance to stay. On the other hand, Torres strikes me as someone who enjoys her job, but probably wouldn't see any overriding need to stay in Starfleet. Which could lead to all sorts of conflicts regarding their relationship. But I digress.

Chakotay would probably want to stay in Starfleet. It seems the only reason he left was because of the Maquis, which is no longer an issue. As for the rest of them...we haven't really seen enough of them to know, but I'd lean towards the majority going back to their former civilian lives.

------------------
"The demon was an idea, the demon is awake. Scratch mark left across the surface of your mind. This hour now upon us, the hour has now arrived."
--
Soul Coughing

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just recently saw "Faces" again (terrible episode, BTW), and, when Terran-B'Elanna is talking to Klingon-B'Elanna, she seems rather bitter about having not made it through SF Academy. Apparently, she isn't terribly opposed to the idea of being a SF officer.

And this may be a moot point. If they don't do a Voyager movie, they'll probably never even address the issue of whether the crew stays together or not.

------------------
"'...This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!' cried the Spirit stretching out its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end!'"
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking that after Voyager returns to the Alpha Quad, they were gonna throw a big party along with some private ones...

------------------
I don't care who you are, where you're from
What you did, as long as you love me.
Who you are, where you're from
What you did, as long as you love me.

-Backstreet Boys

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In light of the fact that all maquis personelle have been working like SF officers for the last 6 years.. I'd imagine they'll get a full pardon..

Not only that... The Maquis is done with !!

I think they'd stay on as Janeway's crew of Voyager.. after a good Voyager Refit !! Or not.. Maybe they'll refit all the other ships in SF with the modifications made on Voyager !! ... Quite a twist there..

------------------
- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, what are you talking about anyway? I wouldn't want to picture Chakotay and Janeway have their own private party when Voyager get's back to Earth. Now, Paris and Torres's private party would be interesting, maybe the Klingon pain sticks would appear again...

------------------
He can't be unoriginal
The way I feel is sexual
The way I feel is sexual.

He can't be just intellectual
The way I feel is sexual
The way I feel is sexual
When you're next to me.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since Chakotay's ship had at least two spies aboard (Tuvok and Seska), maybe all the other Maquis will claim to have been spying for various groups, and that they weren't really Maquis. :-)

------------------
"'...This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!' cried the Spirit stretching out its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end!'"
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I would love to see a Chakotay and Torres moment where they see what has happened to Cardassia in the wake of the Dominion War. This would give all of us a chance to see what has happened too, since it seems unlikely we ever will any other way.

I can see some Maquis wondering what to do now that Cardassia is no longer very much of a threat to anyone seeing as how are basically a devastated people and the inhabitants of the DMZ are basically all not people anymore.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw an inteview with Robert Picardo (EMH - 'The Doctor') and he said that the seventh season was the last and that there might be Voyager movies (plural!)
ahead. Let's hope they make the return a grand finale.

I think it would be quite a disapointment when the Maquis are immediately arrested.

"Welcome back, Captain."

"Arrest those Maquis. Whoaa! .. A Borg.. Kill her! Deactivate EMH and dump that Talaxian guy as well!"

"So Captain, where were we?"

------------------
"There will be an answer, let it be..."
Motto of the USS Sutherland

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited December 31, 1999).]

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I don't think that the security officers would be that trigger happy to shoot Seven especially in her outfits...

Neelix on the other hand, his cooking could get him the death penalty.

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps