Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Fair Haven ($$$$$$)

Author Topic: Fair Haven ($$$$$$)
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok.. I haven't read too much about this ep.. we're finally out of Repeat Season and they come out with this ep!!

I'm not sure I'm looking too forward to this episode.. has anyone heard anything about this ep, accept for the fact that Janeway falls for a hologram:

Is anyone else a little skeptical about this one??

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very skeptical about this episode, and what is with the preview? the preview doesn't tell us anything about the episode, in fact what it does tell us, makes it sound completly different then what we've heard so far. This will probably be a very wierd episode that turns out awful.

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the Irish guy Janeway falls in love with? Some how I was imagining a red headed Lepricon looking guy.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does Tom Paris get his hold rank back? I heard something about this happening sometime soon.

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well.. according to the trailer, they get caught in a 24th Century/Delta Quadrant equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle! To pass the time, the crew goes thru a holo-novel or something....

Or is it that the anomoly communicates with the crew thru the holo-matrix ?!! Do ya think??

I've looked at some pics previews of the show, and they never give you a clear look at Paris' pips .. so.. hard to tell if he's bee re-promoted !!

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited January 11, 2000).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just watched the episode. All I have to say is that the trailer was very misleading. It should have stated that it was an episode about Janeway's secrect fantasies and why she never dated Chakotay when she had access to a holodeck.

------------------
Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling, I need to walk in
Tell me why I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

-Backstreet Boys

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Ya.. there wasn't much plot to was there. It was a freakin' harlequin romance.. And I imagine that the Irishman will come back !!

Do you think we'll ever see him again?? Not that it would kill me if we don't.

I don't think that Janeway and Chakotay should ever get together.. It's just not plausable. that's just my opinion of course.

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Gepta001
Member # 231

yes, sadly there is supposed to be a sort of sequel to this episode sometime in the next month....

-FTM

well at least we get some continuity!!!

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, the boys don't like the new guy. Why am I not surprised?

I LOVED this episode, and here's why:
First off, I have a preference for period clothing. Second, Janeway has good taste in personality . Third, holodeck romance rocks. You know, make your own perfect guy, delete the wife and stuff. And hey, there are some funny scenes in there too, like that bar brawl and Sullivan's climbing up a tree and shouting Janeway's name (not to mention the Doc in priest garment). That's the stuff that gets to girls, you know. Some of you might wanna learn from him.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

[This message has been edited by Tora Ziyal (edited January 13, 2000).]

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Ouch... that hurt!

Don't get me wrong, Tora, Janeway looked awesome in that dress.. It was great to see her "woman" side .. rather than the "warrior in uniform".

And it's not like I hated it. I felt they could have done alot more with it.. they way they put this ep together you'd swear it was a rush job.. that's all.

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps