Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Kes on voyager! very minor$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kes on voyager! very minor$$$
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is from the Star Trek Universe site. http://startrek-universe.simplenet.com/

KES TO RETURN TO VOYAGER!

At the Star Trek Convention in Portland, OR on January 10, guest Robert Picardo (Voyager's Doc) announced and confirmed that Jennifer Lien has been signed to reprise her role as Kes in a guest shot later this season. No word on how her appearance will affect Voyager's finale, or the status of Voyager being in the Delta Quadrant, but given Kes's powers seen in her departure, it maybe possible that Voyager is due for another big leap.
Thanx to TrekWeb for this!

I think that this is a good idea. I know Kes wasn't everybody's favorite character, but I think that it is just logical if they have some sort of flashback that Kes should be involved. So I hope this is true.

------------------
new siggy coming soon.

[This message has been edited by Black Knight (edited January 10, 2000).]

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey! I'm a senior member!
woo hoo!

------------------
new siggy coming soon.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The title of the thread is sort of a spoiler, but considering that Kes was also in the first several seasons of the show, and I don't think anyone on the forums avoids spoilers anyway (although I could be wrong), I'm not sure it matters.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it doesn't give away any plot points for any episode. I mean, whatever episode this ends up being, they'll probably show her in the trailer, anyway.

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some people are just a bit picky though, it doesn't bother me, it doesn't fit into my definition of spoiler. Sounds good I guess. I still have 120 posts till I become a senior member

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Just a bit picky"? Oh, lovely. I'll remember that when we start getting "Voyager season finale cliffhanger ends with Paris driving a nail through the warp core! Spoilers inside!" messages.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really did laugh out loud when you I read your post Sol!!

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think having Kes back is terrific idea. Maybe she and 7 will get into a contest of Voyager babes thing.

Seriously, I had the opportunity to meet Jennifer Lien at a convention (she signed a portrait I did of her as Kes, whooohoo!!) and she was a very nice person. Alot like her character IMO. Anyway, I think her disappearance left alot of room for a decent return ep. As much as I despise Wil Wheaton and hate Wesley Crusher, I want to see Kes and Wesley show up on Voyager. Kes' "moving on to another plane of reality" seemed way too similar to Wesley's to be a coinsidense.

Please don't ban me for this suggestion. I just think it would be a good tie-in, honest!!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where it is a good idea, I doubt that's what they had in mind!

I think that Kes coming back would be fitting ! I'd hope, however that it's a two parter, and that the ep revolves around her character.. why bring her back if the her role is going to be that of a 'fromage' role ! Make her return dramatic ..

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! It needs to be very dramatic. There needs to be a definate reason that she's back on the ship, not, "Well I just popped in from my stint as a higher form of life to say hi and, oh look, Voyager's being pulled into a destuctive anomoly. Here let me help you out with that."

I think Kes needs to be in trouble or something. Something has happened with her metamorphosis that isn't quite right or somehow she's losing control of her abilities. She goes to the one place she might be able to get help. Then Wesley and the Traveler show up to help her out. Or maybe Wesley is the one that's chasing her in the first place! Ooooh!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just hope she has a lot to say...

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm... Perhaps something about her metamorphosis could be messing her up. She could be going insane or something as she wanders about the galaxy. She just happens upon Voyager, so she takes corporeal form and hangs out for a while, but, being a nutcase now, she starts causing trouble. Making the warp core lose containment just to watch everyone run around screaming and stuff like that.

Not that I'm too sure how to resolve this episode w/o some stupid "the crew all tell her how much they care about her and their friendship turns her right back and around and she's normal again" cop-out. But, if someone can think up a good way to finish this idea, I think it would work.

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Gepta001
Member # 231

here is a link with more info about the new Kes episode

http://db.trekweb.com/stories/2000/01/13/947822954.html

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

Gepta001
Member # 231

oh a recent pic of actress Jennifer Lien, mabey this is how Kes will look on the episode?

http://www.eonmagazine.com/archive/0001/news/two_days_after/voyager/art5.htm

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bloody hell, I didn't expect her to have changed this much. I saw this pic of her (not as Kes, but herself) just before she left Voyager, and she looked completely different. This is after just two years..

------------------
Worf: He is an overgrown child and she is...confused.

O'Brien: It could still work.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps