Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The El-Aurians

Author Topic: The El-Aurians
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[During Generations]
The El-Aurians are from the Delta Quadrant, at the time the Borg were in the Delta Quadrant. Since we know how long it takes to get from the Delta Quadrant to the Alpha Quadrant this might mean that the El-Aurians have very advanced warp technology. Afterall, Guinan was on Earth in the 19th century from 1893 - ? Interestly enough, in "Booby Trap" (I think) Guinan mentions she likes bald men cause a bald man helped her when she was hurt. Captain Picard? "Times Arrow" seems to suggest that it was in fact Picard who helped her out...nice how that worked out 2 years later.

Guinan was on Earth then left only to head back during the events of Generations. I always thought she was on Earth because of the Borg, but if the Borg assimilated El-Auria after "Times Arrow" and she and other El-Aurians were coming to Earth because of the Borg in the 23rd century instead of 19th century, then why was she on Earth in the first place?

My guess is that during our 19th century and possibly eariler the El-Aurians were exploring space far before humans did. Using their advanced warp technology they could of been exploring most the Delta, Beta, and Alpha quadrants and nobody knew it. And that's why they might of been targeted by the Borg, for their advanced technology. The El-Aurian's might of even invented trans-warp which explains how they ventured so far into space, and how the Borg got trans-warp technology too. Since the Borg don't develop their own tech, they assimilate it from other races.

This is one possible pov, which can relate the Borg, El-Aurians, and trans-warp.

Hobbes

TheFSD.com

------------------
Got Trek?

[This message was edited by Hobbes on June 14, 1999.]

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again with an 500+ lifespan, a seventy year voyage is nothing.

------------------
"Get a life!"

Bill Shatner

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Borg destroyed thier home planet and what was left of the race is currently exploring the galaxy.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #3 : Whenever someone under you screws up make sure you teach them a lesson more so than you punish them.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Borg assimilated their homeworld at about the time of "Generations". Otherwise the El-Aurian people wouldn't really have been refugees. As for Guinan's stay on 19th century Earth, I believe this was a kind of research mission. Maybe she liked the planet or people or Picard in particular, and returned when she got the opportunity to get on a refugee ship heading for Earth.

My main problem is what role did the Nexus play for the El-Aurian people? How did they get there? If it's so nice there, did they still need a homeworld? The Nexus being omnipotent, how could the Borg expel the El-Aurians from there? Why don't the Borg use the power of the Nexus then? Are there still El-Aurians in the Nexus, or doesn't that matter anyway, since time is abandoned inside? If so, how can one leave the Nexus at all? Why don't the El-Aurians being in the Nexus (past or present) use the Nexus' power to fight the Borg (past, present or future), having all time of the world? El-Aurians live in the Nexus, are 500+ years old, can perceive parallel realities, what else?

Not to mention the problems with paradoxes of Nexus time travel...

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as the transwarp thing goes. I think it MAY (but only may) be reasonable to suppose that the El-Aurians had it during "Time's Arrow" and that the Borg got it from them. Of course, if the Borg got it from them and then scattered what was left of the El-Aurians to the wind it's also not unreasonable to think that they 'lost' the trans-warp technology in that period.

Brnd: I think the El-Aurians just kind of ended up in the Nexus by accident. It just happened across their path as they were on their way wherever they were going. As far as being aware of what was going on in the Nexus, I don't think we were given any reason to think that EVERY El-Aurian knew what it was, just possibly those who had been pulled back from it and suddenly were aware that it was a dream, more or less. Those inside might have gone on pretending that it was the real world and wouldn't have any reason to want to go after the Borg if they didn't even know they had been pulled in.

------------------
"A screaming comes across the sky..."

IP: Logged
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seventy years is nothing out of a 500-year lifespan? That's 14 percent! That's like 10 full years of our lives.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ten years really isn't that long, as exoduses go. (Exodii?)

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*L* good point. take into account "the exodus"...moses and aaron and all the israelites out of egypt. 10 years sure beats 40 years *L*

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I was just thinking of this the other day.
Hobbes may have a good point on the El-Aurians having transwarp before the Borg, who later assimilated it of them.

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since time has no meaning in the Nexus, the El Aurians were most likely only exposed to it when the two ships shown in Generations came into contact with it. They could have been in there, and as the ships were tossed about, their physical bodies were ripped from the Nexus.

That's what I think, anyways.

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was curious about the El-Aurians on another factor. You've seen the way Q acts toward Guinan. I personally think there's more to them than meets the eye. In the book "Q-Squared" Q even warns Trelane not to mess with Guinan.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, first, there is no general connection between El-Aurians and the Nexus. It is only the ones who were on the Lakul who went in and were pulled back out. As for whether there are still some in there, yes: the ones that were aboard the Robert Fox.

Secondly, no-one ever said El-Auria was in the delta quadrant. Granted, it's almost certainly closer to there than the Federation, but it's probably located in a section of the beta quadrant between Earth and the DQ.

Thirdly, Guinan wasn't on a research mission to Earth in the nineteenth century. She was just there to listen. Remember how she told Data, if he was sent by her father, to tell him that she wasn't finished listening? That's just what El-Aurians do. They like to listen to people.

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Hobbes
Member # 138

I just saw "Times Arrow" yesterday, and she did say that. Perhaps that's their way of studying of species.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Borg didn't pull them out of the Nexus, Scotty did.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps