Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Fury - Major $$

Author Topic: Fury - Major $$
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised no one else has started a topic on this yet, but I was wondering what everyone was thinking on the storyline for this episode, which has recently been revealed over the net.

In case you haven't read it yet, here are the spoilers. Note that they cover the entire episode - so those of you who avoid spoilers or extensive spoilers may want to stop reading.

"Fury":

Kes' shuttle intercepts Voyager and she hails the ship, begging for help. When Janeway lowers the shields, Kes rams the ship with her shuttle, destroying most of deck ten. She then makes her way to deck eleven, kills two security officers trying to stop her, and makes it to engineering. She goes for the warp core, and B'Elanna tries to stop her. Kes, who looks old, kills B'Elanna and reaches the core. She hugs the warp core, regains her youth, and disappears.

Go three years in the past when Kes was still on Voyager. Evil Future Kes enters the airponics bay and sedates Good Past Kes. Evil Kes then fills Good Kes' role on Voyager. All the while, Tuvok begins to have visions of Seven of Nine, the Borg children from "Collective," and Naomi Wildman. He is perplexed by this, as these people don't yet exist on Voyager (well, Naomi's alive, but she'd still be a baby).

While all this is going on, Evil Kes lures the Vidiians into attacking Voyager. We learn that Evil Kes has grown to hate Janeway for pressing her space exporation values onto Kes, forcing her to evolve into that light being when she wasn't ready. We learn that Kes was going to deliver the Voyager to the Vidiians as revenge. Janeway discovers this plot and kills Evil Kes.

Move back to the future, just before Kes rams Voyager. Janeway is prepared this time, knowing what will happen based on Evil Kes' stunt in the past (there was no information concerning whether the other crewmembers know, or whether its just Janeway; if it is just Janeway, there'll be some explaining to do). Anyway, Janeway doesn't lower the shields and is prepared to take on Kes. Janeway then shows Evil Kes a holographic recording from Good Past Kes, who made a message after the incident in the past trying to dissuade her future self from harming Voyager. Evil Kes is moved to tears, and she leaves Voyager once again. Since her attack failed, B'Elanna stays alive and all is well with the universe once more.

Well, there you go. Several comments:

1- It seems we'll actually repurcussions of time travel in this episode, as Janeway will remember was Kes does in that past and changes the future.

2- On other boards, I've read where others don't think this is a good story because it doesn't suit Kes' nature. However, maybe the abilities were too much for her (i.e., she accidentally destroyed several species or something) - and it's to mentally traumatic. I could see how she might be angry that she evolved, but...

3- Kes says Janeway forced her to evolve. This is wrong. In "The Gift," it's Kes who wants to leave, and Janeway who wants her to stay. Hopefully, this will be clarified.

And finally, WE GET TO SEE THE VIDIIANS AGAIN! I'm glad its them and not the Kazon, although I did like them. We haven't seen the Vidiians in a while, though.

Comments?

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*RUBS EYES*

Wow, this sounds like a good episode to me. Nothing boring like a singing doctor. Maybe we'll see Seven and Kes interacting. We never got to see that before.

Things that bother me are:

I thought Kes' shuttle was destroyed when she evolved.
Why would she need a shuttle anymore anyway?

Why would she need to head for engineering to get at the warp core? If she was able to get Voyager on her way in "The Gift" she shows the ability to manipulate the core without being on board.

How does Tuvok have these visions of the future and not tell anyone, especially back in "Relativity" when he sees a future Seven in a uniform.

That's all I can think of for now.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like sloppy rumour mongering if you ask me...

It sounds like a child in a candy store...

"Kes arrives! then she's bad! and, and then she WRECKS Voyager then she KILLS B'Elanna then she..." *child hyperventalates*

*child implodes*

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*LOL*

------------------
Klingons never do anything small, eh Worf? -Commander Riker,
Star Trek: Insurrection

http://www.huntel.net/massa/StarTrek/index.html

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like another Relativity style episode to me.
This I like very much!

But an evil Kes?? I hope they explain that...

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully not another "relativity"-like muddle of a plot, although Captain Braxton did mention an as-yet unseen temporal anomaly as being linked to Janeway...

------------------
"You don't need eyes to see; you need VISION"
- Faithless / Reverence

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I does a little too good to be true, but I am pretty sure that it is legit. (Hopefully, I won't be eating crow about this in three months when it airs!)

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can't say I like the reset button so much. But, if this is true, I'm really glad that my hopes that Kes would have gone insane came true... :-)

------------------
Lisa: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Bart: "Not if you called them 'stench blossoms'..."
-The Simpsons

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*finally reads all the spoilers*

Um...icky. With a capital ICK.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, how exactly have they used the reset button in these spoilers in ways that weren't necessary...? They can't exactly leave B'Elana dead or a massive, gaping hole in the hull... And, IIRC, people are going to remember things about this, so...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be necessary, but it's still a reset button. By the end of the episode, it will be made so that the entire episode never happened.

------------------
Lisa: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Bart: "Not if you called them 'stench blossoms'..."
-The Simpsons

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If people remember things that happened, they still happened.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps