Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Fate of Lt. Carrey

Author Topic: The Fate of Lt. Carrey
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was there an episode that explained the death, loss or dismemberment of Lt. Carrey, the second in command in engineering?

He was in the Utopia Planitia scenes in Relativity, but Seven said "Unlikely" when he said 'see you around' suggesting that Seven had never met him. Other than that he seems to have dropped out of sight totally.

Two notes about Carrey too:
1. He served aboard the Ent D in the first season of TNG. I don't know which ep, but I'd swear that was him at the Tactical station. Couldn't make out the rank.

2. Isn't Carrey married with kids? I could have sworn he was flirting with Seven in Relativity.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the "unlikely" bit might have been because she knew Carrey was assuming that he would see her around the ship in the near future. Which he wouldn't, since she would be leaving as soon as she found the bomb.

As for flirting... Just because he's married w/ kids doesn't mean he wouldn't flirt. For all we know, the guy might have signed on to a starship to get away from his family because he hates them, or something. :-)

------------------
Lisa: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Bart: "Not if you called them 'stench blossoms'..."
-The Simpsons

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is true, but he seemed to want to get home to them in Prime Factors (if it's him that said that).

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do not know his fate, although why they don't bring him back I don't know, as he seemed quite a nice fella.

Another victim of the Braga monster perhaps.

------------------
"Cos I...HATE you!
And I...say SCREW YOU!
And I...hope you're blue too"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, besides being a nice fella (which he was) he was the assistant chief engineer! I guess the rule is that there can be only one recurring extra per department. Vorik seems to have taken his place although we haven't seen him for a while either. The same can be said for the Tactical officer that always replaced Tuvok early on in the series. I believe he was even left in command during Caretaker. It was great to see familiar faces every week and it really gave a sense of continuity beyond the senior staff. Sadly, that trend quickly went the way of the dinosaur...

------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would surmise that all of them are still there on the ship even though we may not have seen them for awhile. There is no evidence that something happened to them like their deaths.

And it was Lt. Rollins...Rawlins...something like that that took over Tuvok's station in the 1st season. And yes, he did temporarily take command of Voyager in Caretaker. Chakotay wasn't XO yet, Lt. Cmdr. Cavot had died. Lt. Stahdi had died. The CMO and nurse had died. Paris was not even an official member of the crew yet. Kim had no command experience. The Doc is stuck in sickbay. Torres wasn't Chief Engineer yet. Lt. Carrey was too busy in Engineering. Tuvok is with Janeway. That only left Rollins left.

And ya know what? Lt. Carrey reminds me of Chief O'Brien too much. Both are engineers, both have the same hair style and color, they look like each other, are family men, are Starfleet officers, and are Irish. And both had been tactical officer before...assuming it was Carrey on TNG.

Okay that's it.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rollins may have been eliminated in a dark corner of the lower decks by a jealous Harry Kim. After all, Rollins had only Ensign's pips in "Caretaker" yet became a Lieutenant in his later appearance(s?)...

Timo Saloniemi

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of missing crew members, where are the ones from the Equinox?

------------------
We did it on the floor,
We did it by the door,
We did it all night,
We did it under a light,
So how about for tonight we do it some more...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Right where we all figured they'd end up after Janeway brought them aboard...nowhere!

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess then that Carrey and the brunette twins are with them...

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-Quote from Dedication Plaque of USS Vanderbilt

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish voyager had the same amount of recurring support actors just like DS9. However its probably hard to get them back for just a couple of episodes each year. I won't mind seeing vorik and carey a lot more but it is very unlikely. Its a pity we don't see gillmore and lesley from the equinox either.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's odd that in DS9, the busy space station, we always see the same 30 faces of minor characters and extras, while the small starship Voyager alone in the Delta Quadrant gets new crew members every week.

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it took a while for the DS9 staff to realize how horridly empty their big station looked with just the TNG-standard number of extras. They then hired many more, and perhaps even did some sort of semi-permanent arrangement with some to cut costs. It must have been really expensive compared with TNG, so for Voyager, they try to keep the "extra expenses" down.

Perhaps they can't hire semi-permanent extras when the overall number of extras is low and the few recurring ones would become too prominent or something - perhaps they need to be paid more if they aquire a character name? Or perhaps a semi-permanent extra is simply more expensive than a one-off? Difficult to tell.

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Actally, I think the only difference in cost for extras is determined by whether or not they speak. Which is why you see alot of people nodding in agreement to instructions instead of saying "Yes sir."

I don't think getting a name has anythign to do with it. Ayala (I think) got a name and we saw him standing there in a towel in "Twisted", but he never said anything!!!!

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, but Ayala said "Yes, sir" in "The Gift" and "Yeah!" in "Basics, Part II", IIRC

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps