Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » SolarFlare webring.

Author Topic: SolarFlare webring.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of members here have their own Star Trek website, and I was thinking that making a SolarFlare ring would be a good idea. It would connect each members website together, and to SolarFlare. To the very least it could also bring in more people and more members.
I don't know how to set this kind of thing up, but I could try learning if no one else knows how to.

Well, I think it's a nice idea.

Hobbes

TheFSD.com

------------------
Got Trek?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually...you pretty much just described the Behaviour Alliance.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Behaviour Alliance! Oh yes, I forgot to add that banner. There. Much better.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

members.xoom.com/TheFSD/junk/solarflare.jpg

As you can see, what I had in mind would be a small image, with links to the forums and other members sites.

This wouldn't have to be a real webring per s� (sp?), members submit their url and number them 0,1,2,etc. 0 'next' links to 1 and 'prev' links to the last site on the list. 1 links to #2 and #1. You get the basic idea. And somewhere there will be a page with a complete list of member sites, which I'm willing host on my website.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited June 25, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What am I, chopped liver? Do I need to run around with the words "Come visit the Behaviour Alliance" tattoed across my chest? Maybe a BA pride parade or something? We could borrow a few elephants, set up a bingo hall, the works.

But, I digress. (In a most silly manner.) Hobbes, that's pretty much exactly the Alliance, only without the next site/previous site thing. Check it, like, totally out!

------------------
"It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?"
--
They Might Be Giants

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say it now, say it loud, he's Sol, and he's proud. 8)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps