Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Children of the Borg (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Children of the Borg
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you recall the opening scene of first Contact, yopu will know there is considerable void space inside a cube, probably enough to park a ship of Intrepid size within. (Of course, actually getting it through the outer sides would be a wee problem... )

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
YEP, I would call this a major screw up on the part of the writers. As if anyone would leave behind all that technology. What were the writers thinking ? That we wouldn't notice ? I find this very frustrating !

And I agree with you Kosh that I would have explored the cube from top to bottom knowing that no other Borgs would come in the vacinity.

Maybe the kids would have helped in driving the Borg cube from inside a Voyager that would have been inside the Cube. At least it would have been a fun episode.

IP: Logged
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, 7 o' 9 did say that the ship was about to blow up, IIRC. Presumably, it was destroyed, along with all its technology.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not quite sure who we're talking about here. Voyager, or the Borg? The Borg don't want the ship because of that funky cyborg-killing virus. Though if I were them, I'd send a few ships to vaporize the thing, just to make sure no random passersby get the same idea Janeway and co. did.

As for Voyager, I think I recall the cube on its way towards an overload too. On the other hand, if not, there's no reason to assume they didn't take whatever they could get their hands on. Lots of things happen off-screen.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if it is a cube with a sphere hatch, Voyager would fit in without a problem. A Borg sphere is somewhat larger than Voyager.

------------------
"I'm captain Kenny Redshirt of the Miranda Class USS Killedalot, NCC-1313."
"I know it is an old ship, but..."
KABOOOOMM!!
"Oh my God! They killed Kenny! You bastards!"

(-=\V/=-)

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also think that the vessel either blew up or was really damaged. Or it could be possible that the virus had spread to the other technology.

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also keep in mind that Voyager has a virus that IIRC the Borg can't adapt to. This makes it the perfect weapon incase they run into another cube.

------------------
"The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park" - Torres
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall anyone saying that the Borg couldn't adapt to it...merely that they hadn't yet.

------------------
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The overload didn't come till late in the ep. They never shold have talked to the kids. Hit them with anestazine gas, and take the cube. You are home in a couple of months, and with the biggest tech leap since Warp Drive was invented.

The cube was "badly damaged" when Voyager came into contact with it, but if it couldn't be repaired, at least take the damn Trans Warp Coils,and the weapons, or at least mention that they had been destroyed.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Ok, you've decided to fly a Borg cube around. Where's helm control?

------------------
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who needs helm control when Seven of Nine can just plug herself into anything with her assimilation tubules!
Imagine Seven in the 21st century:
"Seven, the toaster's not working.....could you give me a hand?"
Seven: "Stand back....."
(She assimilates the toaster and out pops some nano-toast!)
On a serious note, maybe the ship had suffered more damage than it appeared. Maybe if Voyager used stuff from the Cube, their systems would fail too.
-------------
"It is offensive, fortunately taste is irrelevant."
Seven of Nine

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I think we might be able to get away with assuming that Voyager did take what it could scavenge from the cube, assuming the ship survived.

The point I was trying to make about flying the cube was that the Borg control it...well, mentally. That is, it's all part of the Collective. There is no place that the Voyager crew could walk to and say, all right, this here is the helm, that over there fires the weapons, that sort of thing. To accomplish anything of great importance aboard a Borg ship, you have to be connected directly with it.

------------------
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps