Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Pre-Caretaker Timeline

Author Topic: Pre-Caretaker Timeline
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
O.K., I was thinking about the events immediately preceding Voyager's forced departure for the Delta Quadrant in Caretaker. We've seen bits and pieces of the story in various episodes but I wanted to make sure I've got it straight. Let me know how I did:

1. Several months before Caretaker, Janeway is assigned command of the new U.S.S. Voyager still in spacedock. She begins familiarizing herself with the vessels specs but doesn't board the ship until some months later.

2. Janeway requests Tuvok continue to be assigned as her tactical officer. Tuvok is then assigned to infiltrate the Maquis and departs.

3. Just before Caretaker, Janeway boards the ship and gets the Admiral to get permission to have Tom Paris released in order to help her. Voyager is launched.

4. Janeway arrives at the New Zealand Penal colony aboard Voyager and meets with Tom Paris (whether this settlement is on Earth or another planet, which is my guess, doesn't really matter). She arranges for his release. Voyager leaves for DS9.

5. Several days, perhaps even weeks, later, Stadi and Paris arrive at DS9 with a shuttle from the ship Stadi has just transferred from. This ship brought Paris from New Zealand.

6. Kim, who arrived on a ship other than Voyager or the ship that Stadi came from, is waiting at DS9 and boards the ship with Paris.

We don't know when the XO or CMO arrived but it was presumably after the events seen in Relativity. Probably also after Janeway's visit to New Zealand.

How'd I do?

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much alright, I'd say - except I'm pretty sure New Zealand is just over the Tasman sea not over the sea of stars

I guess you could ad in there - Ensign Samantha Wildman spends sometime with her Katarian husband, who is stationed on DS9. Conception of Naiomi Wildman!?!

Also you could put in where Dreadnaught, the Equinox and the Maquis ship is pulled into the Delta Quadrant.

Also, presumably Lt. Carey is on board all the way from Mars.

If this was Harry Kim's first assignment - why didn't he board Voyager at Earth?

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was also just thinking if she is married to a Katarian, why is her Surname WILDMAN? not very Katarian sounding... maybe she kept her Maiden name - but then why is Naiomi Wildman too? Maybe her husband was only half Katarian making Naimoi quarter Katarian?

Maybe according to Katarian tradition the husband takes the wife's surname?

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Ktarians don't have surnames. Rather than calling her "Naomi, daughter of Hlkjdf'sns'dnsfpcn", or whatever, it was easier to just go w/ Wildman. Especially since Sam Wildman is the only one of her parents on the ship; this way everyone is sure to know who the kid is.

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what's wrong with assuming that women are treated as equals and Samantha liked her name better for a daughter that would already be bound to have a hard enough time.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I caught a glimpse of "Martial Law" the other day and "Naomi" was in it. Guess what her character's name was! That's right, Samantha!
Pretty funny how Star Trek characters playing in other productions always seem to take names from Star Trek with them.
When Avery Brooks starred in "The Big Hit" as a crime-kingpin, his last-name was "Paris", and another guy in that same movie (Lou Diamond Phillips) was named Sisko!
I've seen other examples but I don't recall them right now.

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.
-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps