Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » If they get back

Author Topic: If they get back
Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
If Voyager gets back to the Federation, will Tuvok be promoted to Commander and become first officer? Or will he even get an offer to command his own ship? After all, he is more than 100 years old.

------------------
The Doctor: "...with my heart, my experiences, and my soul..."
Tincoo (sp): "...I have duplicated that too..."

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine Starfleet will have great handfuls of promotions and commendations and whatnot to give to the returning crew. As to whether Tuvok will pursue a command, I couldn't really say.

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Tuvok has stayed a Lieutenant (or Lt.Cmdr, depending on how you want to interpret the first-season costuming errors) for so long, it would seem that he's been more dedicated to becoming a good Security officer than to advancing in rank. Even when counting in his sabattical half-century, he could probably already have attained a higher rank and picked a command-line assignment of his preference any time he wanted, IF he wanted such a thing.

Of course, the odyssey in Delta could have changed his attitudes towards both Security and Command. A promotion is very likely, and a change in career path is at least a possibility. Staying aboard the Voyager will be a different matter - If Janeway gets a positive welcome, she'll probably continue as captain of the Voyager despite promotion offers, and Tuvok will accompany her in at least some position; and if she gets a negative welcome and falls from grace, Tuvok is unlikely to stay aboard a Janeway-less Voyager. So we won't be seeing Tuvok captaining the Voyager, but other possibilities are open...

Timo Saloniemi

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless of course tuvok wants to spend more time with his family that he has not seen for seven years. I know i would if you were stranded far away from home. I probably accept the promotion/medals and then take a very long vacation.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Voyager (the ship) first needs to go into a spacedock for a while, upgrades 'n' stuff and of course downloading the wazillion trillion billion teragigaquads of info . If I was Janeway, I would like nothing more than to get the hell of that pesky little ship and take a good vacation.

There are probably some people resigning and maybe Voyager rendezvouzes with the Maquis to actually give ex-members an oppurtunity to leave.

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
What are the chances of Janeway getting promotion to admiral? I think everyone on board voyager deserves a promotion, some even deserves to skip a rank.

------------------
The Doctor: "...with my heart, my experiences, and my soul..."
Tincoo (sp): "...I have duplicated that too..."

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Tuvok can get a command of his own, as what's-his-name put it, "You don't make captain wearing gold" or something like that.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can always switch departments.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Flansburgh: "This song is so old that it's actually featured on our brand new record."
John Linnell: "It's one of those year 2000 problems."

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uhh...Haven't the Maquis been wiped out?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that is interesting, with the Dommies gone and the Cardassians in a Shambles... the Voyager Maquis are the only (known) Maquis left... they could start it all over again!?!

The crew will probably stay pretty much together after such a journey.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beginning to think that Voyager's crew won't have much of a choice in the matter. Consider that Starfleet is pouring large amounts of time and energy into the effort to contact the ship and perhaps bring her home. I get the impression that Voyager is probably the most famous starship in the Federation these days. Especially considering that they've just come out of the worst war they've ever experienced. Voyager represents the perfect symbol. I imagine Voyager holo-novels are at the top of the charts. In light of all that, I'm thinking there will be tremendous pressure from Starfleet to keep this crew together and in the public eye.

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree w/ Sol. Voyager's probably the most famous ship after the Enterprises.

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew: The Maquis would have to find something new to get pissed off about, seeing as Cardassia is probably still occupied by the alliance and the whole DMZ is a moot point (Cardassia will get territory that the alliance decides to let it have- no giving away Federation territory to make nice). Of course I guess a new Maquis could go on a total revenge kick (genocide campaign) against the entire Cardassian people, seeing as all of the Maquis in the AQ were wiped out, and the rest of the troublesome Federation citizens in the former DMZ were also probably exterminated.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or they just send the whole lot of 'em to New Zealand Penal Colony, but I doubt any JAG officer would convict them.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps