Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Biller on Season 7 ($)

Author Topic: Biller on Season 7 ($)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<editorial>
Once again, we're beginning to get some new plot points on the next season on Voyager. And once again it sounds like this is gonna be an amazing start. And once again fate is telling us that somehow, despite their promise, the shows will come out below the bar.
</editorial>

Anyway, TGL posted Cinescape's interview w/Ken Biller, the new executive producer on Voyager.
http://greatlink.ewebcity.com/shownewsitem.asp?item=160

IMHO there's, yes, lots of promise in the upcoming storylines. Paris-Torres revisited. Maquis-Starfleet revived. Harry hitting glass ceiling. The question remains, can they pull them off?

------------------
"Truth about Santa Claus debunks Santa God. God evolves from Santa."
-Gene Ray, http://www.timecube.com

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.

The Klingon thing sounds a heck of a lot like TNG's "The Emmisary", of course. I'm not entirely sure why they would send a generation ship anywhere, but then again I wasn't sure why they'd send a sleeper ship anywhere either.

The Seven and Harry stuff sounds good, but I can't see a revival of the Maquis story working. I mean, these people have been functioning just fine for six years now. Why should that change? Are we seriously supposed to think that rounding up a handful of former Maquis who have been serving admirably aboard a Starfleet vessel is going to be a high priority for the powers that be? The average Federation citizen probably views each and every crew member as a hero, and I can't imagine popular opinion would be in favor of locking a fair number of them up. Not to mention that when Voyager left, the Cardassians were allies. But several years of a huge war might make people a bit more sympathetic to those who said the Cardassains were up to no good the whole time.

Just my thoughts, anyway.

------------------
I am not good with English but excuses me. I hate you whom think bad of the gods of the thunder known under the name of ""Metallica"". Good tape of ""Metallica"" is ""Load"", that you like it or not. A much better tape of Metallica ""Load"" than overrated the tape known under the name of ""Iron Maiden"" ""Powerslave"". You all are penis for the bad one of thought about ""Lars"". ""Lars"" can take a cucumber in bottom of his throat without reflex of muzzle. Lars can too take cucumber in bottom with no stretching of bottom hole sphincter muscle. Thanks for reading.
--
an anonymous fan
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm saving all my love for you.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could see Klingons heading away from home because of family feuds, mass banishments after coups and civil wars, dissatisfaction with the wimpy government during the post-TOS, pre-TNG years...

But somehow, Klingons departing during the height of UFP-Klingon enmity in TOS and the movies feels like... cowardice. I hope we'll get some sort of an explanation, preferably one that could be applied to "The Emissary" as well.

On the plus side, I welcome a conclusion to the Borg kids issue, and have mixed feelings about a reappearing Delta Flyer (I hope they at least build a differently shaped one this time, preferably one that no longer is bigger from the inside than from the outside). I expect the Maquis tension to be heightened only because of some sort of a specific change in the environment - perhaps the intermittent contacts with home will change the atmosphere? Perhaps a shortcut home will be within Voyager's grasp, and the Maquis or the Starfleeters will botch it up, angering the other party?

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A new Delta Flyer, I could live with that. It should be bigger and better (install those ***damn bigger shuttlebay doors already!!!).

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Delta Flyer II thing struck me as a bit lame at first. But there isn't anything to indicate that it's going to be another just like the first. So I'll wait and see.

Also, the rumors regarding the second part of Unimatrix Zero make me hope that they are either completely off or that the Borg will never ever ever ever be used again. Because this episode will utterly destroy their credibility. And I've always been pretty accepting of Voyager's Borg stories.

------------------
I am not good with English but excuses me. I hate you whom think bad of the gods of the thunder known under the name of ""Metallica"". Good tape of ""Metallica"" is ""Load"", that you like it or not. A much better tape of Metallica ""Load"" than overrated the tape known under the name of ""Iron Maiden"" ""Powerslave"". You all are penis for the bad one of thought about ""Lars"". ""Lars"" can take a cucumber in bottom of his throat without reflex of muzzle. Lars can too take cucumber in bottom with no stretching of bottom hole sphincter muscle. Thanks for reading.
--
an anonymous fan
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm saving all my love for you.

Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The Delta Flyer-A sounds good, but......well......I don't know....I really don't know what to say about a second delta flyer. I hope they make a different design for the DA-2 though.

------------------
"If I knew you were comeing I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought of this (I actually forgot about my previous Voyager thread):

Warning!! DS9 season 7 spoiler ahead!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Voyager has now upholded a tradition that is seen in ALL Star Trek series: Blow up a main ship near the end of the series (movies included) and get a new version to take over for last bit.

(Some

extra

space)

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited July 19, 2000).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SS said:
quote:

Also, the rumors regarding the second part of Unimatrix Zero make me hope that they are either completely off or that the Borg will never ever ever ever be used again. Because this episode will utterly destroy their credibility. And I've always been pretty accepting of Voyager's Borg stories.

I'm hopeing that this is the end of the collective. They have become cumbersome!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about the Delta Flyer 2 Thing. It seems unreasonable that they would make completely new sets for a new shuttle. If they do make a new Delta Flyer, it might be just like the old one (at least on the inside), though possibly with some added structural gadgets and dodiddys.

------------------
"Don't hide your tears. They were sent to wash away those years."--Creed

The web page is not completed yet, but come by and check it out. :)
Quantum Threshold

REDESIGNED!!!!!! Avalon Sector

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When does season 7 start? Is this the last season?

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

In the fall, when new seasons generally begin. Well, in America, and on the major networks, anyway. And yes, it is.

------------------
--
an anonymous fan

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice sig. file.

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I was quite fond of it.

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps