Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise Admiral's Uniform? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise Admiral's Uniform?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.enterpriseuk.tv/news/e-news/2001/07/newsid=3003.htm

I'm a little skeptical - the scan is really crappy, and it could easily be a fake. Seeing as there are no official pictures of the Pre-E crew yet, why do we get a glossy of a minor player?However, if the picture pans out, I would almost tend to like this outfit. I hope that it gets extended to the era's dress uniforms, too. I miss ties.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmmmm.....

I dont know.. just doesnt look right , but I do like teh arm bands on the uniform , that should please the Continuity Nazi's.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad, looks like real Navy officer uniform.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It HAS to be fake. Look at his left arm! It fades away from below his shoulder, and then we suddenly get his lower hand looking like it's coming from his stomach.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Upon closer examination, it really *does* look fake. The cut of the neckline is all wrong - either that, or Vaughn has a neck like a giraffe!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2001/07/30/996517951.html

Trek Web Semi Confirmed this... But Well its not really confirmed until September

Still , its kinda fishy.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, why is this guy wearing a conventional tie? To stay strictly canonical, shouldn't he cut it in half, wrap it once around his neck and cross the symmetrical ends in the front without making a knot, like everybody in "Past Tense" did?

Granted, the military may be ultra-conservative and use attire that is several centuries out of date. Still, the photo looks really fake, so I'm keeping up hopes that the real version won't feature a conventional tie. I just hate it when TPTB miss a good chance to show something different.

Timo Saloniemi

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<scotsman>Are ye blind, man?</scotsman>

Stop. Look closely. No closer. There.

The image isn't a scan, but a photo of the photo. You can see the reflection of the guy taking it just below the autograph. Probably with some incredibly uber-ass old digital camera, considering the awful dpi. It's the reflection on the gloss that makes the arm seem to disappear.

It's far less likely (IMHO) to be a fake than the crap turned out by trekzone.de...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze looks like im becoming the fourms official photo-toucher uper.. this makes what... 14 now?

its really obvious that this is a photo of a photo

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Wes1701E ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so long as that's all you touch up. Some of the kids who come here are quite young. 8)

(Ha! Chris Morris isn't the only one who can make paedophile jokes! Maybe now the Daily Mail will try to ban me too. . .)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

Who's to say ties are out of date ? I mean most of the worlds Armies have kept the same "style" of dress uniform for centries , with occasional modernizations here and there. I dont doubt the possibility that ties are still in use by the time of Enterprise. Personally I like it.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think having ties in the uniform is a problem, though I would definitely prefer to see some subtle changes (as has been noted above) along the lines of "Past Tense" DS9. I liked those ties so much that I made a couple for myself.

I think it would be a perfect combo of the more "close to home" feel they seem to be going for and a futuristic uniform.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The photo seems to be legit. The guy from EnterpriseTV.uk confirmed on the TrekBBS that it's a glossy 8x10 Vaughn Armstrong signed in an event for him. And another touchup like Wes gave the same result: the cameraman reflected on the photo gloss.

Personally, I REALLY like the uniform. The tie... the tie! And the cuffs. They say a lot. A merge between present and future. It's great.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Just so long as that's all you touch up. Some of the kids who come here are quite young.

expected.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite having never seen Lee's post, I'm going to call for a ban, because I've completely missed the point. Die!

"though I would definitely prefer to see some subtle changes (as has been noted above) along the lines of "Past Tense" DS9. I liked those ties so much that I made a couple for myself."

Oh dear god no.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps