Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise teaser trailer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise teaser trailer
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PsyLiam: I just put in IBYAP for comic relief. I didn't even know it was an accepted abbreviation.
TSN: LMAO is the Bavarian version of LMAA. (By the way, it stand's for "Leckst mi am oarsch!") And No, it's not official.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I knew Bavarian German had some variation from the regular language, but I didn't know it looked like that! *L*
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not an accepted abbreviation AP, I was just making a teeny joke (actually, and with respect, I still don't know if the fact that you got the phrase wrong was a joke or accident. But since you're German, I'm going to assume the later *meow*. It's "I bet your pardon".)

Now, it may look like I did that just to massage my ego by pointing out dodgy English from non-native speakers, but I actually did it because I care. Suppose that was a question on AP's final exam? Whereas previously, he'd have failed, then turned to hard drugs and become a prostitute dealer, now he'll pass, and end up inventing a machine that makes everyone equal to Simon Sizer (AKA Sol Big Sized System).

Also, since our school thought that Russian was more important than German (RUSSIAN! I ask you...), I have no idea what that means. And I'm far too lazy to wander over to altavista and get a hilariously bad translation ("I am sucking your fish" or something). What's it mean?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's "I bet your pardon

Actually, it's "I beg your pardon." I'm going to now go hide so that Liam Kellogg cannot burn down my house again with his magically delicious Pop-Tarts.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pop-Tarts aren't magically delicious. Lucky Charms are magically delicious. So am I, but that's beside the point.

The Babelfish probably wouldn't give you anything for that phrase, anyway. The actual German phrase is "leck mich am Arsch". The closest translation is "kiss my ass" (literally "lick me on the ass").

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pop-Tarts aren't magically delicious. Lucky Charms are magically delicious. So am I, but that's beside the point.

You know, I really want to say something funny about this. I mean, I really want to say something funny about licking TSN in order to verify his claims of being "magically delicious." Instead, all I can do is don an Irish accent and say, "Excuse me, laddie, but would ye mind fondling me Lucky Charms?"

Oh, the last time I used that line I was slapped upside the face and had my drink poured down my pants.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, you were either addressing a guy (in which case, unless you were in a gay bar, I understand the reaction), or you called a girl "laddie" (in which case I still understand the reaction).
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Actually, it was the cafeteria in my dorm. She was incredibly beautiful. Rebecca was her name. She had been dancing around in my minds ever since I first saw her walk by the security desk during my shift. She was tall; she was about 5 foot 10. She was thin, yet muscular and athletic while at the same time maintaining her femininity. She had long flowing brown hair with streaks of blonder shooting throughout. She had these soft hazel eyes that opened onto her soul. Her smile was enough to melt the hearts of even the most cynical misogynist. Her skin was a nice copper color thanks to the months she trained in the sun jogging around the campus. She was goddess among women, indeed.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

And you walked up to her and explicitly asked her to fondle you? Are you just stupid, or what? *L*
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Well, truth be told (before anyone starts thinking that I really am that dense about courtship rituals), I did not ask her to "fondle me Lucky Charms." Well, at least not at that time. But she did dump her drink in my lap and hit me on the head with her lunch tray.

The housekeeping staff was vacuuming the dining rooms, and the extension cord for one of the vacuums got pulled taut. Rebecca was coming to join myself and some of the other RA's at a table when she tripped on the cord. I was the closest to her when this happened; I was in the line of fire. Her drink landed in my lap and her tray hit my head. Her salad landed on the table and floor. Poor Rebecca face-planted the floor and was so embarrassed about it.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"She had these soft hazel eyes that opened onto her soul. Her smile was enough to melt the hearts of even the most cynical misogynist."

Oh dear. College boys in love. Teenagers say "what we have is one in a million." College boys have sudden outbursts of stomach churning poetry. Bleugh.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

But don't I get brownie points for "cynical misogynist?"

Anyway, I wasn't in love with Rebecca. She was just a crush I had at the time. We became pretty good friends, and we're still in some contact (she transferred schools). She was the kind of person at the time that I could (and did) pull the Lucky Charms line and (mostly) get away with it.

No, at that time, my love was a woman named Alina. I used to be able to describe her in the same shining use of metaphor that I did with Rebecca. However, I think that now she is just a conceited little bitch who does everything possible to avoid getting the blame for anything that goes wrong under her supervision.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She had been dancing around in my minds ever since I first saw her walk by the security desk during my shift.

First of all, you have a spare? Secondly, where can I get one?

Thirdly, I've got a story you should read...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps