Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "Let's leave one out."

Author Topic: "Let's leave one out."
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
Background
There have been discussions on the design history of the S.S. Enterprise NX-01. These were drawn out from observations of the ship 'model'. The element missing in these discussions is the opinion of the scriptwriters-how they envision this new ship.

The script, though it says very little about the hull, does do a mention to the nacelles. These nacelles are to show the connection between this old ship and the ships of USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A to USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E. There is no mention of the first USS Enterprise NCC-1701.

Questions
1.) Do the nacelles of the new ship show this connection?
2.) Does the omission of the first 'Enterprise' give insight into the writers' opinion of this ship?

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That doesn't make much sense considering the NX-01 nacelles look most similar to the TOS Enterprise than any other.

In fact, so far I can see design elements/similarities from every other Enterprise in the NX-01 except for the Ent-C.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bridge implacement is similar to the Ambassador. There you are.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only connection I see is that the nacelles are swept up instead of down.

This is the complete design history:
Berman: "To hell with the script, gimme an Akira!"
Eaves (two minutes later): "There you are."
Berman: "But move the nacelles up so the ship looks more like an Enterprise."

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has to be remembered that a writers' guide would not make a difference between E-nil and E-A because half the Paramount staff would not be able to distinguish between those two ships anyway. Anybody reading those lines would either a) not give a damn to the difference between E-nil-unrefit, E-nil-refit and E-A, as long as it was "Kirk's ship", or b) already be so knowledgeable on the matter that he wouldn't need to be accurately advised anyway.

I trust the script would not even be read by the people who did the model. Instead, the script and would simply be altered if TPTB decided to build a ship without nacelles instead.

Timo Saloniemi

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps