Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "Give it a chance" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Give it a chance"
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm nostalgic for DS9...the best Trek series...
*Sniff*
I'll go watch some tapes.
*Watches "Emissary," "Trials and Tribblations," and "Sacrifice of Angels."*
Ah, that feels better.
I'll just watch Enterprise "because it's there." I used to watch DS9 just for the ships, then I started watching for the episodes. Still, the ships are good...

--------------------
Meh

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Enterprise will attract people to Trek who wouldn't normally enjoy it. Another thing they need to get some better producers. Berman and Braga only want jobs. If Paramount hadn't said do another series, there wouldn't be one.They should bring back the DS9 writting staff.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Berman and Braga only want jobs."

Wheras other producers want, what? Pies?

"If Paramount hadn't said do another series, there wouldn't be one."

Er, yes. Obviously. What's your point?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Worst Trek series... ever..." (LOL)

No but do we really want to be like that. You have to admit it's a different direction for Star Trek, and I think that's pretty exciting. We're going back to the origins of Star Trek. That could be really cool. I think the show has the potential to be really great. I'm going to reserve my judgement until after I have watched it. If it has crappy writing, then I won't like it. If the acting is terrible I won't like it. But right now, I have not seen enough to know about those things.

About 'Roddenberry's Dream'. Did you ever see the scene in Pulp Fiction where Harvey Keitel is convincing Quentin Tarantino to let them use their sheets? "Were your Uncle Conrad and Aunt Ginny millionaires?/No./Well your Uncle Marcellus is. I'm positive if Uncle Conrad and Aunt Ginny were millionaires, they would've furnished you with a whole bedroom set, which your Uncle Marsellus is more than happy to do. (takes out a roll of bills)
I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie, you an oak man?/Oak's nice." For some reason that came to mind...

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

HappyTarget
Member # 670

- posted      Profile for HappyTarget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm of the same frame of mind as I was when Andromeda came out. I'm excited about the new series and think it has potential. Im going to reserve judgement untill I've seen one season. Didn't really like Andromeda the first few episodes, but it gradually grew on me. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the season premere! Hopefully Enterprise will turn out to be or become as entertaining. Just let the characters become familiar/comfortable with their personas before ya decide the show sux. Looking back on the first seasons of TNG and DS9, it was clear to me that the show became much better after the characters became comfortable with themselves and their castmates. FYI for those who want to bash continuity, its very easy to do in any franchise as long running as Trek. After what, 40 years of Trek, their bound to crop up. When the Klingons got their turtle heads in TMP, did the universe come to an end? Though the looks are important, the relatively minor continuity issues some seem to have with Enterprise (the hull is the wrong collor, the nacells have a blue glow, ect.) take a second place IMHO to good story telling.

--------------------
Jack O'Neal - I like their style. Shoot first, send flowers later.

Todd Flanders - Ow, my fricken ears!

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What does matter is the speed within a single episode. It is impossible for this ship to get to any other star [outside of those multi-star systems such as binaries and trinaries etc.] within an hour--- travel times would literally take at least a day.

And we all know that every episode is filmed real-time, don't we?

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps