Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Interesting interview with the members of the purple conspiracy... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Interesting interview with the members of the purple conspiracy...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Zimmerman, Blackman and Westmore. (Okuda being the fourth) Some nice new details on the production design side of things.

http://www.calendarlive.com/top/1,1419,L-LATimes-TV-X!ArticleDetail-41549,00.html

Who want's to play "Name the 16 sets"?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1)Bridge
2)Launch Bay
3)Sickbay
4)Engineering
5)Corridor (probably multifunctional..)
6)Starbase briefing room
7)Alien bridge seen in promo (with Klaang tied up)
8)Archer's quarters
9)Shuttle interior
10)Transporter Room / Decon Room (or are these separate?)
11)Rigel X interiors (where alien bug-eating woman was dancing)
12)The Alley where Archer kisses Miss Suliban
13)The Mysterious Corridor In Front of the Mysterious Time Travel Villain (TM)

And that's all I can think of...

BTW, I really just have to say that I really really like the touch and feel of this new series. Simply wonderful to have such a 'realistic' and down-to-earth series set in the Star Trek universe. Wow @ production team!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Westmore talks about doing the Tellarites: OMG! OMG! OMG! Fanboy Heaven!!!!!)

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The article says 16 permanent sets. That doesn't include things like alien bridges or Rigel X buildings, I would think. On the other hand, maybe it does.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyway, a set count by me, not counting non-Enterprise sets. Er, and stealing most of Harry's. Ha ha!

1) Bridge
2) Launch bay
3) Sickbay
4) Engineering
5) Mess hall
6) Captain's mess (the article implies these are two seperate rooms)
7) Transporter area
8) Torpedo bay
9) That room with the pictures in it. (Perhaps the Captain's aforementioned private dining compartment? Or is it in his quarters?)
10) Crew quarters. The captain's is probably a unique room. A few other characters might get their own sets too. I imagine the lower ranks will share a set.

So that's, uh, 10+, not counting things like corridors and shuttle interiors, which probably should count.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it probably should.

Re: quarters. Did TNG have just one crew quarter set, redressed for each character (Picard, Crusher, Riker and Troi?), or one for Picard and another for the other three?

(I know Worf, Data, and LaForge all had a different style cabin, just curious about the one...)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to Sol's list, there is the decon room, which may or may not be a permenant set. There's also a "situation room," but that might refer to the area at the back of the bridge with the table. The room with the pictures is Archer's ready room.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1)Bridge
2)Situation Room (referred to in the script as unique location)
3)Ready Room (with the Enterprise pictures)
4)Engineering
5)Sickbay
6)Launch Bay
7)Transporter Alcove
8)Decon Chamber
9)Armory Room (torpedo launch thingo)
10)Crew Mess
11)Captain's Dining Room
12)Corridors
13)Captain's Quarters

All of the above minus Armory are in the script, although some only for a very tiny scene. Still short three... at a guess a second quarters set, a lab of some nature, and a rec room. *shrug*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
14. Shuttlecraft interior.

15. Turbolift (or equiv).

16. Planet "Hell" type "alien location" of the week.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Locations are changed constantly. They shouldn't count as permenant sets.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm not talking about when they actually go location shooting.

Remember the "Planet Hell" set from TNG? You know, the "alien planet of the week", so to speak? I'm sure they've got something like that for Enterprise, and that's the set I'm speaking of.

Of course, that's just a guess. I don't know for sure, but I think it's reasonable to assume they've got their own "Planet Hell" set going ...

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Let's hope it's not the DS9 Cave set.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
. . . which was the TNG cave set before that, and the Voyager cave set afterwards. Let's say I'm not optimistic, set-wise.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad I'm not the only one who kept seeing the same cave every time someone from DS9 beamed down...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

quote:
Let's say I'm not optimistic, set-wise.

Well, apart from the potential cave set, I absolutely love the Enterprise sets. The new ship looks very good (well, at least the interiors do).

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps