Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » The STARTREK.com Bakula interview

Author Topic: The STARTREK.com Bakula interview
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few points of interest:

My character spends more time moving around the bridge than sitting in that chair. I want to be over here and see what the communications officer's doing, and then right behind the navigator.

So, possibly we do have a navigator on the bridge.

. She's a talented science officer. Am I hanging out with her? No.

I love this guys attitude Back to the conflict between the crew can go terribly wrong, but I hope they'll do it good.

You've got this other doctor guy we don't know what he is yet — so you're just tying to get a sense of who these people are.

Phlox is the Mystery Guy, so he has some major character development potential.

We're going on a mission — but I refuse to say too much about the pilot. What's limited us is our warp capacity. We've been working on this engine, which my father's been working on in conjunction with the Vulcans for a good 50 years, and we're finally able to achieve a warp speed that will allow us to really travel. So for instance, Travis Mayweather, he's my navigator, is a "Space Boomer" — he's grown up on cargo ships. He's got a line about, "… in the third, fourth, and fifth grade I was on my way somewhere." So, it's more about finally having the capacity to get out there and go into entirely different solar systems.

Now he says Mayweather is a navigator... Perhaps helm and nav *are* combined? And the Warp 5 (tm) engine project is 50 years old.

The biggest arguments are about, "Well, which button do you push now to make this open and this close?" and "Which opens the comm?" That kind of stuff. "Well, on Voyager —" "Nope, don't tell me what you did on Voyager." We're buttons and switches — the ship's hands-on now. Things slide and pull and push, and we're not talking to the turbolift.

I like.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen. Now, if only we coulf get a view of the front o fhte bridge, we can see what's there...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to start another thread, but here's some more ENTERPRISE tidbits from AICN-Coaxial.

quote:
Not As Vulcan As Previously Thought

Word from several highly reliable sources indicates that “Enterprise’s” token Vulcan – like Spock before her (and after her) – is going to get in touch with her emotions. Waifish stunner Jolene Blalock, who plays subcommander T’Pol, is said to be a bad match for the stoic ways of the Vulcanians, so her character is said to be getting a big dose of our human ways (if ya know what I mean) and will soon see value in things beyond pure logic.

Another "Enterprise" Plotline Drifts to This Surface

From Christian at TrekToday: "In 'Civilization,' the Enterprise discovers a planet comparable to late-19th Century Earth. When they go down to the planet to study its culture, they encounter a deadly mystery that has cost the live of several locals. In addition, Captain Archer gets a love interest - the beautiful scientist Tyala." Read more of TrekToday's scoopage here.

What’s Coming For FutureGuy

For a number of reasons too complex to get into now, Herc is almost convinced that the infamous and mysterious “FutureGuy” from the “Enterprise” pilot makes his home in the 29th century. Which means FutureGuy’s home era is situated long after the deaths of Kirk, Spock, Picard, Janeway, Worf, et al. We saw a bit of the 29th century during the run of “Voyager” (the doctor’s mobile emitter is derived from 29th century tech).

Is “Futureguy” a far-future rogue determined to flaunt the temporal prime directive in order to help the Federation of Planets combat some far-future menace? As you ponder, read Herc’s spoiler-happy FAQ on the upcoming “Enterprise” series premiere here. “Enterprise” premieres Sept. 26 on UPN.

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...Jolene Blalock...is said to be a bad match for the stoic ways of the Vulcanians..."

Then why did they hire her? Oh. Wait.

"...her character is said to be getting a big dose of our human ways...and will soon see value in things beyond pure logic."

So, in other words, alien values must needs be inferior to our own, so, of course, the aliens need to be converted to Earth ways. Hm...

Interestingly, that "Civilization" episode summary sounds like it should be a TOS episode. That might be promising...

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps