Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Noooo

Author Topic: Noooo
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agh dammit... UPN has begun pre-empting Wednesday nights with fucking college basketball. They did it before with Voyager, now it's with Enterprise. It'll be a couple months until they finish. In the meantime I have to wait until Sat or Sun. [Mad]

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you won't have to worry about it at bootcamp [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but by that time they'll finish up with basketball.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, I don't think UPN is at fault here. I think it's just your local UPN affiliate.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
College and professional sports should be banned from public channels and basic cable. If I wanted to watch sports, I'd buy a ticket or pay for a channel. If you schedule something, play it on time. Just because it's almighty "sports" why the hell should they get to run over time whenever they feel like it...?

Sorry.

Touchy subject...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Hobbes
Member # 138

Yeah.. the TV Guide Channel lists Enterprise and Special Unit 2 even though basketball is on. It'll do the same next week, basketball will be on, but TVG Channel will say Enterprise.

Last year a DJ on 95SX who is a Trekkie was also making on-air complaints at UPN. And a lot of people were calling in too. I hoped UPN would have relized no one wanted basketball.

--------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like sports. So really its a win-win situation for me. Unless its hockey. damn hockey.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*chases after Vanguard with a hockey stick*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
On a semi-related note, did Voyager go off the air anywhere else during the last few episodes of the 4th season back in '98? I remember, because I had just started watching when they didn't show it anymore. I had seen the promo for "Message in a Bottle," couldn't wait, then saw it wasn't on.
During the summer they aired a 13-hour marathon showing all the episodes they missed. Anyway...
Did this happen anywhere else in the US, or was it just my local UPN station? (I hope you could understand all that)

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veers: Yes, that happened here, too. Except we also missed out on the episode right before MiaB. The show didn't come back 'til a different station picked it up for the sixth season, and then a third station got the seventh season.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the eigth station got the fifth season from the second station showing the fourth season.... Wait, I'm getting confused here! [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the station that carries Enterprise here in Michiana is changed the day and time agian. This makes its third or fourth move since the beginning of the series. I didn't mind it being on Saturday at 10. I'll stay up. I didn't mind having it on at 7...I'll watch it with dinner... But now Wednesday at 7?!?!? Why the hell put it there... It's actually probably at 8 to compete with West Wing...which will anger me a great deal.

It's an ABC affiliate by the way.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps