Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $hadow$ of P'Jem (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $hadow$ of P'Jem
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/250102_03.shtml

Yet another TOS tie-in, after Axanar, the Andorians and the Malurians. I like it. I hope we will get some clues as to what those Coridanites really look like, or if we'll run into some of the very obscure Federation delegates from "Journey..", like the little copper guys.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the copper guys were pretty cool. I especially approve of their jovial attitudes and the way the put colored rocks in their ginger ale

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn�t we see coridans in the TOS mirror universe story? They looked just like everyday humanoids.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmmm , ginger ale with rocks in it

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The aliens in "Mirror, Mirror" (selling dilithium) were Halkans.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take Star Trek for $200, Alex..
quote:
The aliens in "Mirror, Mirror" (selling dilithium) were Halkans
and the question is "What is an incredibly inaccurate statement about the Halkans?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being insulting for $400 "What is an incredibly confusing put down by Captain Mike?"

What exactly are you saying is inaccurate? The Halkans in "our" universe were indeed negotiating with the Federation, IIRC. In the Mirror Universe, Kirk was just going to steal it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
Member # 709

In both universes the Halkans refused to give the rights to their dilithium, and the certainly wouldn't sell it.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there may have been some negotiating going on, but the Halkans, in both universes, were very reluctant to cooperate with the Federation for fear of their dilithium being used for war.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, the copper guys weren't even established as the Coridan(i)(ans). Right? Wrong?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, it was never established in the episode that the little copper dudes were the Coridians. Still, some people assume that it was them because of various reasons I don't understand.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, it was because during Kirk's voiceover about them, the camera shot focuses on these little guys and follows their activities. And in at least one other shot where people are talking about them, the characters seem to be looking at the little dudes.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Yes, is said "selling"... because that was not the point and I didn't feel like explaining that entire episode... but here I am, doing it anyway...

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the correct term is "Coridanians," because I remember a reference to the treaty in "Sarek," although I'm not sure if they actually named the race or just mention "the Coridan Treaty." Truthfully, though, I personally prefer the Coridani. It just sounds & flows better.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The promo's out... VULCAN SOLDIERS!?

Are those Vulcan soldiers shooting at 'terrorists'? What is it with the Vulcans and the Andorians?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps