Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Shadows of P'Jem (Episodic Spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shadows of P'Jem (Episodic Spoilers)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I understood it, the government on Coridan was a corrupt one, run by the Vulcans. The Coridan rebels wanted a Coridan-run government, and thus were attempting to overthrow the Vulcan-run one.

Then again, I could just be imagining things.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can someone tell me what happened in the last half of the episode? i was dreadully tired and fell asleep..
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case anyone's wondering, the Surak-class vessel in The_Tom's post is the Ni'Var.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What? Now it's Surak again? I thought an interview in a Trek magazine established Surook.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The magazine established it as not being Surak. You spelled it wrong though.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the CC for "Cold Front" (or was it "Silent Enemy"?? Anyway, the last time this class of ship was mentioned, more recently than "Breaking the Ice") said SURAK.

What mag was this you're talking about?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Trek: The Magazine. Or was it Communicator? Either way it was official. And if we went by the Closed Captioning, The first officer of the Enterprise is named Ryker.

[ February 07, 2002, 15:38: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the First Officer of the Enterprise was Spock. That CC is really screwed up.

[ February 07, 2002, 17:31: Message edited by: Grokca ]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the spelling they've been tossing about is "Suurok".
capped
Member # 709

Star Trek Communicator: 35th Anniversary Issue (#136) Page 35

Suurok-class

Ti'Mura

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, unless its straight out of a quote by Eaves/Drexler/Duncan, the article's writer could have pulled a Mim and checked the CC himself.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two thoughts:

A) I liked as the camera zoomed in on Archer's ready room window that outside & below it was a RESCUE label. As if it would matter.

B) How many times do you think they reshot & rehearsed the "tits in the face" scene? I bet there's some MAD bloopers with that...& the decon scenes. Especially the Reed/Hoshi/T'Pol one.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the Vulcans were pretty much right about everything...
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally saw the episode, I had a hard time believing that the enterprise didn't track one of it's shuttle all the way to the surface and see the assault in the air and the subsequent landing.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Grokca:
I finally saw the episode, I had a hard time believing that the enterprise didn't track one of it's shuttle all the way to the surface and see the assault in the air and the subsequent landing.

Same goes for the planet. Biggest shipyard in the sector, but can't even track airborne traffic that was in visual distance of its capital city. Yeah, right.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps