Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » The Great Adversaries (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Great Adversaries
koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok we know them all Q - Picard, Janeway – Borg Queen, Sisko - Weyoun, Archer - Silik. I would like to know what you think was or is the best match up of good guys Vs bad guys. Or even good ships Vs bad ships just the good Vs the bad and don’t be shy there could be some really weird matches. Personally I was always interested in the Q Vs Picard they were hilarious and the action packed Janeway Vs Queen some heavy metal action there.

Link to a cool image.

[ March 24, 2002, 09:05: Message edited by: koy'peled Oy'tio ]

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd argue that is was Sisko - Dukhat, and of the relevance of the picture.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's not too much trouble, could we stop w/ the posting of the gigantic pictures for no reason? They stretch the threads all out of proportion, and I'm not really a fan of horizontal scrolling...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janeway vs. Queen ??!?!

"I see a little sillouhett-o of a Borg
Cha-ko-tay!
Cha-ko-tay!
Go and make me some coffee!"

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kira v. Dukat strikes me as being even more nuanced than Sisko v. Dukat.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno about Q vs Picard... Q seems to be toying and teaching Picard a lesson all at the same time, he's never really out to get him.

Janeway vs Borg Queen... [Roll Eyes] I can't put it better than First of Two.

Archer vs Silik... Hell, it's a bad match. Genetically enhanced alien vs a half-baked pipsqueak of a Captain who'd probably get his butt handed back to him by a Tribble.

Sisko vs Dukhat, now there's a match. Both sides passionately hates each other, and is actively engaged in mutual beatdown. There's a good balance of intellegence and so on on both sides to make things interesting.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or how about Sisko vs. Weyoun...

"...And before you twist that around into a compliment, let me be blunt. I don't like the Dominion, I don't like what it stands for, and I don't like YOU."

Man, I miss DS9... I should dig out some of my old tapes.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definitely go for Sisko vs. Dukat. Dukat was a sweet villain. He went through all kinds of character development...they really did alot with him. He had just enough charisms that you got to the point where you almost liked hium every now and again, but then he'd turn out even worse than before and you'd hate him all the more for it.

Sisko acted with porofessionalism and dignity most of the time, even though it was obvious that he always hated the man.

I think the Dukat recurrence was one of the best things they did with DS9.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don’t like to limit myself to the timeline. I would have liked to see Dukat Vs Weyoun. That would have been sweet. Or if you could take two villains or a two good guys from the future or the past...McCoy’s Sarcasm Vs The Doctor’s Sarcasm (Joe). The V’Ger Species Vs The Borg (assuming they’re not the same).
Personally I would like to see Kirk Vs Picard that would be legendary. But then again Kirk handled that El’Aurian much better than Picard did. Still the real thing would be better.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think everyone is missing the ultimate rivalry:

Sisko vs. Edington!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would have liked to see Dukat Vs Weyoun.
What do you think we saw during the Occupation Arc? [Wink]

The only caveat I would have to give to the Sisko/Dukat rivalry would be the cheesy confrontation in "What You Leave Behind." For all the scheming and fighting those two went through, we got a pretty poor payoff.

Oh yeah -- and Sisko's epiphany in "Waltz," that "I have seen the face of EEEEvill....." Puh-leeez. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i agree wit u MinutiaeMan, the thing between Sisko and Dukat in the finale was disappointing for me.

how bout Spock vs McCoy haha [kidding] [Big Grin]

Buzz

[ April 05, 2002, 10:09: Message edited by: Fedaykin Supastar ]

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kira V Winn... woah - talk about some great DS9 stuff... Here is Kira... a virtual star to the people on the station... and there is Winn the 'spritual leader' of the people... one meddles in the other's affairs all too often. Kira couldn't really ever outwardly threaten Winn, but when she did... woah.

Picard V Tomalok - pity there wasn't more of this.

Worf V Duras/Gowron

Guinan V Q - what was going on there!?!

Janeway V Maje Cullah.

Chakotay V Seska

Riker V Jellico

[ April 07, 2002, 05:32: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Guinan V Q - what was going on there!?!
I like to think that they used to be married ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

i dont think a springer episode would be asking too much [Wink]

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps