Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Funny quote from Berman (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Funny quote from Berman
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you could always say that Temporal Investigations intervened and made the Armor classified until the beginning of the 25th century, so as to preserve the timeline (unless the Enterprise uses it in Nemesis, but I highly doubt that will happen).

And as far as Liam's comments are concerned, I realize that when I made my now-defunct fan fiction "Star Trek-Legacy," it also suffered from his points. Yes, I had a new warship with new weapons. Yes, my story did take place in the aftermath of the Dominion war. But I used that formula because I happened to be quite interested in knowing just what would happen in that situation. And if I do say so myself, I think that my story was very good. If TPTB had made Series Five be about this very same thing, it certainly would have caught my interest. But instead they made a series about the 22nd century, which although different, I find that I'm not as much interested in that premise as I would be the other.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the camp which says that Janeway left out a subtle detail about how to mass produce the technology and that Starfleet was baffled about how to reverse engineer it when Voyager got home. Perhaps without the good Admiral's assistance, there is no way to create any more Armor.. and the engineers who are working on the reverse engineering process might take.. ohhh, say another coupla decades to get a production model on the table. This is helped by the fact that the Armor systems could have been severely damaged in the final battle, perhaps to the point that, while the current Armor was still in place, they would never work again...

I also think that, even though IMO Janeway is stupider than shit, she wouldnt willingly fuck up the timeline quite so aggregiously, and perhaps gave Voyager a version of the armor with some sort of 'timed' element.. i.e. the replicated Armor emplacements might break down after a while due to some built in half-life (I could even see the two Janeway's seeing eye to eye on this and, behind the scenes, ensuring that the armor would go poof once Voyager got home.. or our Janeway taking it upon herself to program a big red button in the armor system to neutralize it so Starfleet wouldnt be able to get it from her..)

There are plenty of explanations (five or six here) that help to ensure that the post VGR Trek universe won't have to deal with 'superweapon syndrome'

[ April 23, 2002, 16:01: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Just a quick note about the super-technology. We had a big debate after "Endgame" aired about how to incorporate the cursed mega-torpedoes and Batmobile armor. Unfortunately, that show was canon so we had to include it."

Because, you know, that's why in Star Trek whenever they invent cool new technology they always use them again, all the time. That's why the Enterprise could cloak after "The Enterprise Incident", that's why they could generate telekenisis on demand, that's why they could slow a person down so that they lived in the Blink Of An Eye, that's why they can use the transporter to make people young again, and all the others...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps