Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "Oasis" - $$

Author Topic: "Oasis" - $$
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. It was great to see Rene, though he looked too much like himself. I think it does something to the believability of the character. It's like I'm watching Rene Auberjonois the man rather than the character he's playing. The girl was a great character. She reminded me of Kes though.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For "Oasis," I thought that the acting was fairly good. Rene Auberjonois did a great job, as usual. The actress playing his daughter did a pretty good job, too. Some of the mannerisms did remind me of Kes, as did her appearance. The pacing of the episode was pretty good; I think the director did a good job there.

Overall, though, I was disappointed in the episode. Many of the key elements of the story seemed to be lifted from a similar Deep Space Nine episode. In addition, I felt that the "realism" offered by the holographic people was too great for the era. While it is possible that a species could have that level of holographic technology, it doesn't make since given what we saw of the ship (at least, in my opinion). I would have imagined holographic tech on a comparable level to the Xyrillians (at least of what we could assume from it: seemingly landscapes only).

So, it was a pretty "eh" episode for me.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BORING! it lacked the somewhat lacking punch that the other episodes had if it is possible to have less then usual punch.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"it lacked the somewhat lacking punch that the other episodes had if it is possible to have less then usual punch"

?!?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember parents: we must protect our children from the dangers of drug use. For our children are our future.

Friends don't like friends use drugs because drugs support the terrorists. And if you use drugs, the terrorists have already won.

-- From the Office of the Houston Drug Control Dude

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, this episode reminded me of TNG and DS9 episodes since it had elements of each. The acting was good but overall I was wondering why the holograms acted like Voyager's EMH but stuck in the 2150's. I was thinking it would be scary but it kinda didn't do that effect.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was kind of hoping that the ghosts the trader was talking about would turn out to be malfunctioning and imperfectly formed holograms, silently lurking about the ship and spooking the crew. Then there'd be the obligatory Scooby-Do moment where Trip fixes the projector or matrix or transubstantiator or whatever and they are suddenly very grateful. But then that's why I should be writing this series.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the ep, but in the end, it rang a little holo.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sillyperson
Chris StarShade
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I didn't miss anything. I have the unsettling ability to watch tv and play video games simultaneously, but today I paid more attention to the game than to the show. Guess I didn't miss anything.
IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you mention you guess you didn't miss anything? I guess I missed that.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps