Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$$$$$$Detained$$$$$$$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$$$$$$Detained$$$$$$$$$
koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I really have no clue what archer was thinking I mean really, but that is beside the point. Shuttles with phaser banks what next tricorders that double as communicators (hmm…good idea) anyway, I really don’t think the continuity this is working out. Well I have to wait for tonight to inspect the tech bugs in this episode but when I do. I’m sure I’ll find a mother load, just the idea of…Wait a minute I don’t even remember why Mayweather and Archer were in the detention cell in the first place or how they got there. Well until tonight all I have to quote is this: Malcolm “I’m starting to get used to this transporting idea” I’M SO SURE THEY GOT USED TO TRANSPORTERS THAT FAST!!!!! 10$ say's that in "Vox Sola" someone will use the transporters on themselves.

[ April 25, 2002, 08:41: Message edited by: koy'peled Oy'tio ]

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um.. actually tricorders do have communicators built into them.. read TNG TM.. oh, and while you are at it, calm the hell down.

Do you just like starting threads, or was the other 'Detained' thread too pedestrian for you?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, 1) I don't think Koy even looked at the other thread 2) I don't think he's even paid much attention to the rest of the season's episodes 3) I don't think he even likes the series and doesn't even try to give it a chance 4) He likes to bitch and moan everytime an episode airs

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he just finished masturbating with a cheese grater when he posted this thread. I could be wrong.

quote:
I really have no clue what archer was thinking I mean really, but that is beside the point.
What he was thinking when?

quote:
Shuttles with phaser banks what next tricorders that double as communicators (hmm…good idea)
They don't have phasers, fool. No one said they did. Except you.

quote:
anyway, I really don’t think the continuity this is working out.
How so? Examples?

quote:
Well I have to wait for tonight to inspect the tech bugs in this episode but when I do. I’m sure I’ll find a mother load, just the idea of…
Here, let me save you the trouble.

quote:
Wait a minute I don’t even remember why Mayweather and Archer were in the detention cell in the first place or how they got there.
I assume you weren't paying attention. Masturbating with a cheese grater, perhaps? Playing a video game, reading a book? It was explained in detail why they were there. Archer & the main baddie got into a big discussion about it. "Why don't you put up no-tresspassing signs?"

quote:
Well until tonight all I have to quote is this: Malcolm “I’m starting to get used to this transporting idea” I’M SO SURE THEY GOT USED TO TRANSPORTERS THAT FAST!!!!!
Who is "they"? Malcolm Reed is one person. Malcolm says he's getting used to the transporters. He's not speaking for anyone but himself. Do you think he's lying? How long did it take for you to get used to something new?

quote:
10$ say's that in "Vox Sola" someone will use the transporters on themselves.
Well, it's a good thing they don't use the transporters on someone else! And, er, the $ sign goes BEFORE the amount, not after.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The funniest thing about all this is that in one of his first posts, our unintelligible friend clearly states that he thinks "Enterprise kicks ass!!!!!" Quite a reversal of opinion here...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else think he's a Major Barcalow?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About the only thing I didn't like about this episode was Archer's rather arbitrary refusal to provide any information to Grat. The Suliban Cabal is, after all, a serious threat to both of them. I'm no diplomat, but I'm sure that Archer could have worked out some deal with Grat... and that way both of them could get what they wanted.

Instead, they just forced the issue into a black-and-white controversy with Grat as the "bad guy."

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he is trying to break the fanboy barrier we need to tell him what's up.. I'm undecided whether hes a troll or simply too rushed to read what he's written.. Either way, we'll be here to keep him in check.

I think that Grat vs Archer (or possibly Grat teaming with Archer) should be a later episode.. perhaps this will be a good long running character play (should they get Stockwell back)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And, er, the $ sign goes BEFORE the amount, not after.
IIRC, English is one of the few languages in which this is true. Using this evidence, I'd say koy's native language is probably a romance language. I'm not sure if other germanic languages use this notation. Bernd? Harry? Frank? Care to back me up on this one?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't Brits use notation like 40p, *and* L40 (where L = that UK pound symbol)?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the same way we Canucks use notation like 40�, *and* S40 (where S = that dollar symbol)
[Wink]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*And* all my zillions of Quebecer family members also use 40$ (where $ = that *Canadian* dollar symbol). [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
�5,- or EUR 5,- but 5,00� seems a bit strange to me. 5,00 EUR could be official, but don't quote me on that.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

is koi'sped On'tario canadian?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes in fact I am Ontario Canadian and I have a lot of French and even some Spanish relatives in my immediate family. You’re wondering why I said ENT kicked ass and now I am saying differently, well three reasons: 1 it is getting progressively worse, no thanks to Berman. Two I can actually change my mind in Canada. Three I said it kicked ass because I was referring to the overall plot and time set of ENT not the story.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps