Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Goeey pants! (Shockwave, with spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Goeey pants! (Shockwave, with spoilers)
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
playing the design element up, they could land them in the Kirk era, but avoid having them meet Kirk or the Enteprise.. that way, if they made subtle design changes, such as lighting and set details, the fans wouldnt crucify them

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. They could even try to design a contemporary of the Connie. But the inside should still be very much the same as the 1701. And the uniforms, hairdo's and equipment.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
exactly.. but introducing little things like animated monitors, realistic lighting and more detailed surfaces on the sets wouldnt be a violation from continuity, since the ship and crew wouldnt have been seen before, and should only, as a guideline, be roughly analogous to the 1701 ship and crew seen in TOS

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, so, uh....fucked out of yet ANOTHER episode by NASCAR. Anyone willing to send me copies of many episodes on tape? Or burned onto CDs as videos?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Yeah. They could even try to design a contemporary of the Connie. But the inside should still be very much the same as the 1701. And the uniforms, hairdo's and equipment.

And mixing the miniskirts tight velour tops and bad hair with the style of Archer's crew wouldn't create a massive visual nightmare, would it?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well there are precedents for that kinda mix, like.....uhhhh...errr.....Austin Powers.
Hmmm. Uh oh.

capped
Member # 709

trials and tribblations worked alright.. im thinking toning down the lighting and such a little more than that and we'd be set.. BTW whats with all the resurrections of May threads?.. some people are bored with the day off, methinks
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps