Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » SIX Enterprises... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SIX Enterprises...
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're all forgetting that people in the 24th century HATE the Enterprise NX-01. After all, it's crew was responsible for the "disastrous" first contact with the Klingons. They hate it so much that they try to forget that it even existed. And they certainly did a very good job of forgetting about it, too.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no evidence whatsoever that everyone in the 24th century hates the NX Enterprise. We just don't here it being discussed onscreen. They could still be talking about her offscreen when we aren't there. Talking and saying she was this and that with some saying she was great or whatever.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By that same token, the people of the 24th century must really hate the space shuttle Enterprise, the carriers Enterprise, most of the sailing ships Enterprise, and the Declaration-class Enterprise to that as well.

Come to think of it, they don't talk about the Enterprise-B, either. They must really hate that ship for "killing" James T. Kirk. Oh, the Enterprise-C has only been mentioned a couple times. Better add that too, since she's hating for "losing" to the Romulans and all. You know, the Enterprise-A isn't mentioned all that much, either. Hmmm...

The ultimate reason is everyone hates the Enterprise except for the original 1701. I mean, watch "Relics" and see the clear disdain Scotty has for the -A, -B, -C, and -D. I bet he hates the -E, too, just because.

[ June 14, 2002, 09:43: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently no one understands a good joke anymore. Sheesh...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
let me get this straight...

NX
Enterprise
Enterprise-A
Enterprise-B
Enterprise-C
Enterprise-D
Enterprise-E

yep thats seven alright

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Now with the E nobody talks abnout the D. On the same token, nobody mentioned, except for a couple occasions (for instace, First Contact), the E as well.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!

Koy'cainehead can COUNT! Good job, there. Now, if we can just get you to add, subtract, multiply and divide ...

Like usual, Buzzed With Crack isn't making any sense. I don't know why I'm surprised -- he never does. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's Dulmer, not Dulmur. Both the agents' names are anagrams of the infamous duo from the X-Files, Mulder and Scully."

Don't tell me. Tell Ron Moore and Rene Echevarria. They're the ones who wrote the script...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or tell whoever wrote the transcript. Or copied it.
Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
on soemthing which doesnt even matter..
did we ever learnt the name of the first officer on the Enterprise-B? during its maiden voyage?
...and just to stir things up..
wat are the names of the Captains and First officers that have ever held that position on a federation starship named Enterprise.
(include Robert April)

thanks

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I accept your challenge, suh!

NCC-1701:
CO Robert April with
XO Unknown
CO Christopher Pike with
XO Number One
CO James T. Kirk with
XO Spock (was Spock XO in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" or was Gary Mitchell? I can't remember)
CO Will Decker with
XO Xon (Phase II stuff here)
CO James T. Kirk with
XO Will Decker (ST:TMP)
CO Spock with
XO Sulu? Uhura? Scotty? (early ST:TWoK)
CO James T. Kirk with
XO Spock (latter ST:TWoK)
CO James T. Kirk with
XO Montgomery Scott (ST:TSfS -- speculative based on Scotty being number two for the destruct sequence)

NCC-1701-A:
CO James T. Kirk
XO Spock

NCC-1701-B:
CO John (some say James) Harriman
XO Doesn't arrive until Tuesday

NCC-1701-C:
CO Rachel Garrett with
XO Unknown although Chris Castillo filled that role during "Yesterday's Enterprise." Once the Enterprise-C returned to her own time, he became the CO and probably Tasha Yar filled in for a short-lived XO capacity.

NCC-1701-D:
CO Jean-Luc Picard with
XO William T. Riker
CO William T. Riker with
XO Shelby (Best of Both Worlds)
CO Edward Jellico with
XO William T. Riker (Chains of Command)

NCC-1701-E:
CO Jean-Luc Picard
XO William T. Riker

[ June 14, 2002, 23:40: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooh.. noncanon info opportunity

USS Enterprise, NCC-1701

CO: Capt. Robert April ("The Counter-Clock Incident")
XO: Cmdr. Lorna Simon ("Best Destiny"). The novel "Final Frontier" also establishes that, for one mission, security Cmdr. George Samuel Kirk served in this position.

CO: Capt. Christopher R. Pike ("The Cage").
XO: Lt. Cmdr. Number One (The novel "Vulcan's Glory" states 'Number One' was named such as she came from an Earth Colony, Ilyria, that practiced eugenics through selective breeding, and she was the prime candidate for the year she was born. The [u]Early Voyages[/u] comic states that her given name is Robbins, although it could be reconciled that an Earth surname appears on her records as a supplement to her colonial Ilyrian apellation). In the last mission chronicled in the comic series, while Pike was presumed dead and Number One was severely injured in battle, command of the Enterprise was assumed by Commodore Robert April, who named helmsman Lt. Sita Mohindas as his executive. The story was never published, though.

CO: Capt. James T. Kirk ("Where No Man Has Gone Before").
XO: Lt. Cmdr. Spock ("Where No Man Has Gone Before"). Some sources posit that Lt. Cmdr. Gary Mitchell was the original first officer, but I think this is unlikely, as science officer Spock would have no reason to wear command gold unless he was already serving as first officer at that point. Of course, he switched to science blue for the rest of his tenure as first officer due to his double position. Also, Mitchell wore beige (the precursor to the operations red uniform color) rather than command gold.

CO: Capt. Willard Decker
XO: *UNDECIDED* (Decker commanded the vessel during its refit, an 18 month period. Out of active service, it's unclear who would have been an XO, or if one was required for a non-active assignment. It's likely the position would've gone to Lt. Cmdr. Hikaru Sulu had the refit been completed as scheduled.)

CO: Adm. James T. Kirk
XO: Capt. Willard Decker (After Decker's apparent demise, the position was passed on to Cmdr. Spock)

CO: Capt. Spock
XO: Cmdr. Hikaru Sulu (This is the supposition of several novels, assuming that Scotty's duties as chief engineer precluded him from taking a command position higher than second officer, despite his seniority).

USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-A

CO: Capt. James T. Kirk
XO: Capt. Spock

USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-B

CO: Capt. John Harriman
XO: Cmdr. Tracey Dane ("The Captain's Daughter"). She arrived on the Tuesday after everything happened.

USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-C

CO: Capt. Rachel Garrett
XO: *UNKNOWN* (I'm sure this data was revealed in one a them thar novels I haven't read, Vulcan's Heart of Glory or somethin'). Seems the position was ceded to Castillo, and then maybe the command team of Castillo and Yar, only for the duration of the last battle. His first name was Richard, by the way, not Chris. But only his mother called him that

USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-D

CO: Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, briefly replaced by W. T. Riker, briefly replaced by Ed Jellico
XO: Cmdr. William T. Riker, briefly replaced by Elizabeth P. Shelby (under Riker), briefly replaced by Data (under Jellico)

the fake future in 'Future Imperfect' had a Riker- Data team

the fake future in 'AGT' had Adm. Riker with no budget left for extras to play and XO

USS Enteprise, NCC-1701-E

CO: Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
XO: Cmdr. William T. Riker

NEMESIS SPOILER

$

$

$

replaced by some Cmdr. Ed Madden dude, right?

an interesting alternate timeline in Q-Squared had an alternate Enterprise-D commanded by Capt. Jack Crusher, with XO Cmdr. Jean-Luc Picard, busted in rank for losing the Stargazer.

In 'Imzadi' the Enterprise-F was commanded by Commodore Data, with XO and science officer Cmdr. Blair, an allasomorph.

In 'DS9: Millennium' the E-E was destroyed saving the Rigel systems from a terrorist moon-crashing plot, and Picard and Riker commanded the E-F. Riker took over when Picard was promoted, with XO Tom Paris. They all died at the hands of the Grigari, who destroyed Earth.

*whew*

[ June 15, 2002, 00:19: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Between the two of us, I hope we've answered Fedaykin's challenge.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, now I want to read that Millenium book. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Fedaykin's challenge.

lol, well i wouldnt have called it a challenge but the information from both the canon and non-canon viewpoints was greatly appreciated!
the only reason i asked was coz in some cases i wasnt sure of the info, and in (most) others i just didnt know.
plus for some cases i plain forgot (eg. i completely forgot about the Jellico temp. posting).

thnx neway

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps