Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$ More "Shockwave II" Spoilers

Author Topic: $$$ More "Shockwave II" Spoilers
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers, yo.

First, read this. Some new interesting stuff there, including the present day reverse repercussions of Archer's temporal yoink into the future. But most fascinating to me is this:

"Starfleet and the Vulcans become agitated when the Enterprise is three days overdue for its first return to Earth. "

At this point in the series, the Pre-E will have been in space for about a year. Having them back home in a year's time makes sense, given how much unexplored space there is out there. It also fits in with my suggestion that the Enterprise was planned to do a loop out from Earth, come back, and then do another loop out in a different direction. However, it will not fit in very well with the time-distance factor, since in "Two Days and Two Nights" they were out - what, 80 ly? At warp 5, you can't do that in a couple months. They could do that in a year, which is what I was assuming. There goes another attempt at rationalizing the warp scale...

Still, I'm glad they *are* going back home. While Star Trek series have traditionally not been Earth-centered, having a base to go back to is something of a relief in this series where space travel is stillrelatively primitive. The notion that they could have easily run back home in the early first-season episodes was an interesting concept. Also, various staff on the show have said that they may do some stories in and around the solar system, giving us a glimpse at how Earth and the other planets were at the time, and how they're developping as time goes by. For example, if the Warp 3 engine became commercially available ("Fortunate Son"), it'd revolutionize the current Earth-based interstellar trade industry. I really hope they show us something about that.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I thought they were going outward in a spiral...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This still belongs in Enterprise.

zip.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps