Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » TNG crossover possibility - No $$$...just a thought

Author Topic: TNG crossover possibility - No $$$...just a thought
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching "Captain's Holiday" TNG the other day and noticed a reference to Enterprise's time period that I had forgotten about.

The Vorgon male tells Picard that Kal Dano, the inventor of the Tox Utat, had fled to the 22 century to hide the Utat from the criminals trying to steal it. He ended up on Risa, where he burried it.

Now... Enterprise takes place in the 22nd century... and they've already been to Risa... and they're already dealing with people from the future...

What do you think? Would having Archer help Dano be a good idea? I think it would be a nice tie in if done well. But, I already have a problem with planets that the Enterprise D was close to on her mission of deep space exloration showing up in Enterprise.... so I don't know.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if we could also get a show with Burlinghoff Rasmussen!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Supposedly, Dano came from the 27th century. Rasmussen took his time pod from someone from the 26th century. However, a small error could have been made on either side. So, what if Dano is actually the person from whom Rasmussen stole the time pod? That would make for a really convoluted cross-over (but one that's not implausible).
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get a little bit worried at attempts to tie everything together into one grand theory of time travel, but it is an interesting notion. I would not, for instance, be totally adverse to the idea of the Tox Utaht being a temporal cold war superweapon.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I wonder if we could also get a show with Burlinghoff Rasmussen!?!

No, we can't have Rasmussen in Enterprise. Because Rasmussen was interested in stealing technology like phasers and tricorders... and ENT already has those. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
he's got you there.
IP: Logged
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
We won't have a show with any of those people, simply because the producers have probably forgotten and/or discarded them.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How dare they not remember every character from 10 year old episodes? How dare they!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would not, for instance, be totally adverse to the idea of the Tox Utaht being a temporal cold war superweapon.

Didn't they say in that Ep that the Tox Uthat was some sort of quantum phase inhibitor that could stop all fusion in a star? I wonder if Soran knew about this.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, we can't have Rasmussen in Enterprise. Because Rasmussen was interested in stealing technology like phasers and tricorders... and ENT already has those.
That's an interesting point. Why go to the 24th century and, of all devices, get those which have not changed until then? Well, hardly anything else has changed anyway...

On the other hand, Rasmussen's motivation was never clear. He could have traveled to any place and time, why did he choose the Enterprise-D and informed himself thoroughly about the ship, when he could easily break into a storage facility or get himself a replicator?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On the other hand, Rasmussen's motivation was never clear. He could have traveled to any place and time, why did he choose the Enterprise-D and informed himself thoroughly about the ship, when he could easily break into a storage facility or get himself a replicator?
Shmaybe the ego? He wanted the peoples to worship him while he stole stuff from them...

In any case, he probably figured that if he got far enough into the future for the natives to have stuff worth stealing, they'd easily detect him and stop him.

Rasmussen could've easily gotten historical records from a database on the timepod... especially since the original owner might need to have a quick reference as to historical events. So that explains his knowledge of the Enterprise-D. (Of course, a lot of the stuff was almost certainly bullshit and exaggeration, like him gushing over Picard's ready room.)

Anyway. I guess Rasmussen might've figured that his possession of the timepod would've been "proof" enough, and he could wow the natives long enough to get away with their toys.

Also, the thing he was traveling in was a timepod -- it looked way too small to be a real interstellar vessel. Therefore, anywhere/when he tried to go, he'd be detected. So I guess he went to the Enterprise-D so that he could get some top-of-the-line stuff.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps