Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise entertainment value (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise entertainment value
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When was that? Did I miss it?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erh, in the pilot.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
better then TOS and VOY, not as good as DS9 and TNG.

Season 1 = 6.7
Season 2 = 8.1

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i give Enterprise a rating of
 -

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huge numbers? You mean... pi?

I think, at it's best, Enterprise has been a 7 or an 8. At it's worst, it's been a 3 or 4.

I've not been blown away either by it's brilliace or by it's worthlessness. In the grand scheme, I'd say it's in the middle. Voyager was a 1 or 2 at it's worst with tripe like "Threshold". But so was TNG with "Shades of Grey". On the other hand, DS9 and TNG were both 9s and 10s at their respective bests.

Enterprise needs more action. It needs more plot. It needs to take some risks. But it doesn't suck totally either. It's only the first season kids.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

actually, they are on season 2.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah... I realized that a minute ago... what I meant was, they've only completed season 1... we don't know how season 2 will end up yet.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edipis, that animated GIF is reversed -- Kirk's insignia is on the wrong side! [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sorak
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for Sorak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Voyager was a 1 or 2 at it's worst with tripe like "Threshold".
What was wrong with "Threshold"??? I personally liked it. It was an interesting speculation as to what might happen at Warp 10. The continuity may be a bit screwed up (The first Enterprise went at speeds faster than Warp 11 sometimes), but all in all it was pretty cool. In my opinion.

--------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Sorak
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gemini NCC-74680
Task Force 44
Task Group 3
Bravo Fleet

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ERROR! The member has committed an illegal opinion and will be shut down.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorak: Nobody has the slightest problem w/ the fact that they claimed warp 10 was infinite speed when TOS went beyond that. That's been around since TNG. It's intended to be measured by two different scales. The problems w/ "Threshold" are:

a.) travelling at warp 10 makes you turn into a salamander,

b.) Paris has sex w/ Janeway and produces a bunch of baby salamanders that no-one seems to be concerned about, and

c.) if Voyager could travel at warp 10, and the only side-effect was that the HoloDoc would have to spray them all w/ apparently harmless antiproton radiation (or whatever it was) to stop them going lizard, what prevented them from going back to Earth right then and there?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the plus side, Tom spitting out his tongue was cooooooooooool

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could go back in time to when I first watched Threshhold, I would instead use the forty-four minutes of my life that it swallowed to have a fat woman defecate on me. But I would still watch the commercials.

But hey, if you liked it, great. I mean, i liked 'The Outrageous Okona'.. no ones shunning me for that, right?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Teri Hatcher!
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Edipis, that animated GIF is reversed -- Kirk's insignia is on the wrong side! [Razz]

i it's the mirror universe kirk. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps