Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Shockwave

Author Topic: Shockwave
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it was on TV last Tuesday night - but I didn't get around to watch it until late last night, when I could sit, relax - not be disturbed and have a snack.

GOOD episode... Enterprise really blossomed after "Cold Front" and "Dear Doctor".

That final scene was very eerie. Some of those blown out buildings looked very... "Ground Zero" - deliberate? Probably wouldn't have had the same 'shock' value if shown pre Sep. 11.

That armory guy that was helping Malcolm looked familiar. I hope this is a new recurring role. I hope we don't just get another Voyager with Crewman Cutler = Samanth Wildman.

Just a little something - I know there was talk of it when it first came out in the US, but that little display from Daniel's quarters...

15 different Klingon ships? They all looked the same to me.

I spotted, Defiant (twice) class, Nova/Pathfinder/Rhode Island (twice), Intrepid class, Excelsior Class (twice), NX class, Akira Class (it was different to the NX class. The Suliban stealth ship.

There was a little lined logo that appeared a few times. Then I noticed it appeared again behind Silik... the Symbol of the Suliban and/or Kabal?

Oh and 'future guy' looks VERY Romulan... but I noticed a little feature of his 'uniform'... his pants are similar to a Starfleet Uniform - i.e. over the boots with the black strap from the pants running under the boots.

He could be a Vulcan in Starfleet uniform? He could be a Future Soval!?!
Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sorak
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for Sorak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I spotted, Defiant (twice) class, Nova/Pathfinder/Rhode Island (twice), Intrepid class, Excelsior Class (twice), NX class, Akira Class
In "Shockwave, I"??? Where?

This is Enterprise...set BEFORE the rest of everything...what were Defiant, Intrepid, Excelsior, etc. doing there?

Please refresh my memory.

--------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Sorak
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gemini NCC-74680
Task Force 44
Task Group 3
Bravo Fleet

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When they are looking through Daniels' stuff to find information, schematics of these ships appear in the holographic display.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Some of those blown out buildings looked very... 'Ground Zero' - deliberate? Probably wouldn't have had the same 'shock' value if shown pre Sep. 11."

Maybe it's just me, but the "similarity" didn't affect me at all. It didn't even occur to me.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Tim. The 20th century, I'm afraid, has more than enough in the way of bombed out cityscapes for us to draw on.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - but not all bombed out buildings look like the remnants of the WTC. With the verticle tightly spaceced upright girders with each floor only leaving a small space for windows. Not all of the building remnants in that Matte painting were WTC-esque... just some of the fore-ground ones... I wonder if it was deliberate - or it was just a type of 'structure' the animators happened to draw apon... either consciously or unconsciously.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The 20th century, I'm afraid, has more than enough in the way of bombed out cityscapes for us to draw on.
Yeah, but those were in other countries, and therefore not as important.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see, so this is somehow our fault, despite the fact that Andrew is from Australia. Gotcha.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Whose fault in the what now!?!

Sol, I think you missed Vogons little piece of irony/satire.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I suspect Simon's off his feed. No matter, the vet's coming round to see him later. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Well, I'll go have lunch and we'll see.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps