Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » S02E04 - "Dead Stop" [spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: S02E04 - "Dead Stop" [spoilers]
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the shot, which follows after the Enterprise leaves the station, we see at best 50% of the station has been destroyed. This 50% constitutes the area where the Enterprise was docked. The computer core and the second docking structure are untouched. Or, at slightly damaged at worst. The station would appear to have blast doors capable of protecting the more critical sections of the facility from destruction.

My question is this, what happened to this station later? This station would come to lie in what is Federation space. Did the Federation study the facility for information as to its origins, or did they place quarantine beacons around the station warning vessels of its dangers, or did they destroy the facility?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well obviously they didn't study it, because if they did, the Federation would have had TNG style technology 200 years before TNG.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably the Klingons went looking for some lost crewmen, and ended up blowing the fuck out of the station for fun. I know I would.

Hell, i'd let it rebuild itself a few times just so I could blow it to hell again.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think about it. If this station collects lifeforms, it'd have some tribbles. And the Klingons wiped them all out. Probably destroying the station in the process.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since when are tribbles capable of FTL travel?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since careless merchants started spreading them.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But why would this station be interested in lifeforms with brains the size of a pea?
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is the Republican party stronger than ever?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The latest issue of the official magazine contains a cutaway of a tribble. It is neat. Mostly intestines/stomach and uterus.

Great episode. Though I really wonder how'll they'll handle someone actually dying, since they sort of spent that "first death" currency here. Phlox is the best.

And while we're making random and mostly nonsensical claims (It was the Borg! Soylent Green is people!), did anyone else wonder if maybe the last users of the station happened to be Breen?

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoah! Extra-cool "I didn't think of that" points for you!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh?

I was thinking more along the lines of the Amusement Park Planet technology. It's vaguely similar to this station, perhaps. Or not. I don't know.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
that would be cool, if the Breen lived in a liquid helium environment. could anything live in that? maybe liquid helium is the "storage" mode of the station. mothballed, perhaps...
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was what I had assumed from the beginning, which is why the Breen thing never would have occured to me.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breen can survive extremely cold tempatures, and perfer them. But didnt Weyoun say that thier planet being cold was just a rumor, and its quite tropical?

As for the Breen using that station last, did enterprise just keep heading out into the Beta quadrent after returning the Klingon to Qo'noS? It looks like they did. Klingons, Romulans, Breen?

Im almost sure the ship in Silent Enemy was Breen.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That ship was symmetric in shape,and its owners had heads too big to fit inside the DS9-era Breen helmets, and spindly limbs. Apart from that, it could be a Breen appearance. [Roll Eyes]

Whether they'd be in the Beta direction... Well, they have butted heads with both the Cardassians and the Romulans. The former are an Alpha race exclusively. The latter have also been called an Alpha race, even if they share a border with the (partially) Beta Klingons. I'd thus place the Breen somewhere on the Alpha side.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps