Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$The Communicator$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$The Communicator$$
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just me or is this dumb, the entire premise is childish, and even if he "forgot" his communicator on the surface one should think that it has a "self-detonating" device that could be used to destroy it, when t'pol hails it, they could have estroyed it,

Dont even get me started with Trip's arm, any ideas on how that works, BoP uses a cloaking feild from a genertor, as seen in insuurections the Starfleeters need a suit to cloak.....

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You seem to forget that the Suliban have access to technology far in advance to anything we've ever seen before. Cloaking tech that is commonplace in Future Guy's time might seem pretty odd to us, such as the partial cloaking of Trip's arm. It was the radiation used by the ship to cloak that caused it.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So help me, I actually enjoyed this episode. Aside from the few normal ENT quirks (I think it will be pretty obvious from now on that any bad-guy alien with a gun will never be a good shot, and that ENT is not going to let up on the senseless beatings of Archer & Reed), I think the ep handled the consequences of cultural contamination much, much better than "Dear Doctor" tried to do.

The only major flaw in this episode is that, yet again, the crew is put in a position where using the transporter to save the captured men is never even considered as an option, when the device has been proven to work just fine time & time again in past eps. I knew from the start of this series that having a transporter this early was a bad idea. Good thing they had that cell ship in one piece, instead of having had it ripped apart to learn about its technology. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW i was wondering where is everybody at?/ when does it show where your at?

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enterprise isn't syndicated in most of the US. It should air at the same time for everyone (adjusting for time zone differences).

Keep in mind not everyone lives in the US ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Communicators with explosive charges = best idea ever. Why you are not running a Fortune 500 company and making billions of dollars a year, spending your days surrounded by beautiful ladies is beyond me.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the number of times I'd use a cell phone with an explosive in it: 0.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait: people understood the introductory post of this thread? Wow.
Sorak
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for Sorak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hold on...when Trip's arm was cloaked at first, his uniform sleeve went with it. Then, later in the episode the uniform was visible, but his arm was still cloaked. What's with that?

--------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Sorak
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gemini NCC-74680
Task Force 44
Task Group 3
Bravo Fleet

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he changed shirts?
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i wish i could make other people's phones explode. it would certainly cut down on telemarketers.
IP: Logged
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Sorak: You probably went to the bathroom during the scene where Phlox tells Tucker to get a new uniform.

--------------------

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

Hmmm well i noticed a small bit of sarcasm there but.....

did we forget to usse the ..."trasporter"..
i mean how hard could it be to get a siganl on somthing thats transmitting back?

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
siganls aren't a problem, but signals are tricky. [Wink]
IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Transporting a communicator out of someone's hands is probably beyond Enterprise's capabilities (or at least this week they are).

Plus that transporting would be even more scary to the pre-atomic aliens.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps