Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise on DVD

Author Topic: Enterprise on DVD
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, will Enterprise be released on DVD?

Thanks,

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It appears likely it'll be out in R2 relatively soon, though any R1 versions would be further down the road.
(Snotty Tom media sidebar: Within the US and Canada, most studios are still a little unclear as to whether it's still worthwhile holding back on DVD in order to keep the syndication rights nice and high, and there's also the recent phenomenon of farming out reruns earlier than usual to cable channels that are part of the same multinational media octopi.)
Anyway, I don't know about Yon Antipodes. So, uh, sorry, Andrew.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although, I suspect if any show were to be released early, it would be Enterprise. Consider the other show that's been quick to DVD, namely, 24. Not burning up the ratings, but it acquired a loyal audience and some critical attention, and so they put it out. Enterprise (being Star Trek) shares some of these characteristics, namely a known market.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It appears likely it'll be out in R2 relatively soon
Yes, I've heard rumours that say January or February '03.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in Germany we have a big store (Saturn) with a special offer: Buy 6 seasons of TNG DVD boxsets and get one Enterprise boxset on DVD (sic!) for free.

So, mayby something is comming up soon (hopefully)!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tres interestment

Thankyou people. We just got a DVD player - so now I can ask about DVD's and STOOF! And it's a region-free player!! [Smile]

--------------------

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go for the region 2 sets of tng then as at least there out to season 6 (7 on the 23 according to blackstar), as opposed to the region 4 which I think are still at season 3.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Region 4 I think is up to season 4. But I'm in no hurry to get them... they are over $200 a box!!!

--------------------

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I've seen them at about 160 to 180, the first couple of seasons I bought where region 4 and they where about 180-190. For 200 I'm paying that for r2 and getting them quicker.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps