Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$The Catwalk$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$The Catwalk$$$
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well since most of my comments are simply disregarded, ill leave this one short. Specifically for the people that still live in third-world countries who cannot see the episode till next year....

Personally Im just going to say the ONLY thing i liked in this episode was the reference to ST TAS:Yesteryear, made by T'pol in the catwalk... well i leave this for the rest of you to complain about...

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know that Europe consisted of third-world countries. Did we already bomb them and CNN not tell me?

As for the episode, I liked it. Not much else for me to comment on at the moment.

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL BTW i forgot these [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you forgot them again.

HOORAY

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, i liked the episode. Sure it had it's flaws, like the painfully predictable aliensthatareunafectedbythekillerstorm tm, but it was a kinda new plot. I was HOPING that it would be more like the old Film Noir LIFEBOAT, though. It was also nice to see a new areal of the ship and add some new tech, like the 300 degree temp.

One thing I can't help wondering about, is what affect the storm had on the planet.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

Storm Speed > Warp 5
Storm Speed < Warp 7

At warp 7 for 8 days is 135744000000000 miles or 13.3 lightyears.

So I conclude that the anomaly was at least 13 lightyears long or less. Given that they needed warp 7 to outrun it that number could be less.

I figure the planet was destroyed, Its gravity would cause it to tend to move toward any of those neat funnel thingys...

Why didnt they use the 3d environment of space to their advantage. They could have gone under it or above it, as you see from Archers window its farly wide but not very tall. Did anyone else see this?

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no (or very little) 3-D movement in Trekspace, so at least that's consistent.

Personally, I liked the episode, possibly because it's the only one I've seen in three months.

Didja catch the reference to Spock's great grandfather?

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

Well i may not have caught that refernce to Spock's great grandfather. I did catch the reerence to the kahs-wan... well I said that already.

Did anyone else think that it was just a little dumb to have a plasma conduit susceptible to ignition by a frying pan? One would think something that would be able to handle "300 degree temperatures whenever the warp drive was online" would be able to fend off a frying pan...

[ December 21, 2002, 15:50: Message edited by: Warbadden Hawkins ]

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was probably that fact that everyone was on the catwalk which made it bad for them to be cooking near the conduit. It has nothing to do with handling it.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't the frying pan; it was the heating element. And it wasn't a conduit; it was a plasma manifold.
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

Still I doubt that the heating element was able to heat the AIR next to the plasma manifild to over 300 degrees. And to ignight the plasma, which has to be in contact with the heat source. IE either plasma directly released into the catwalk, or the manifold being directly heated to a temperature enough to cause ignition. Both of which are poposterious ideas.

BTW that was some serious food, as in it needed to be prepared at nearly 4500 degrees , IE for the temperature of the plamsa manifold to melt .....

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poposterous is the right word.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall anyone saying the plasma manifold was in danger of melting. Just that it's dangerous to have an open heat source near one. Not knowing what exactly a plasma manifold does or now it does it, I don't think we can really say that the idea is preposterous (or "poposterious", if you prefer).
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bah.
Just watched the episode, and I come back to a discussion about cooking [Roll Eyes]

Funny. I was more interested in the fact that Archer was able to "see" a storm travelling at warp [Big Grin]

Think about it.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same kind of effect, I imagine, that has slowly moving starlines going past the E-D in TNG...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps