Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$DAWN$$$

Author Topic: $$$DAWN$$$
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this was a ok episode. Although it was done before, and B+B are pulling this one out of a drawer......

Im fairly sure they ripped this one off of a movie I saw on sci-fi and I cant remember then name.

"TAR-A-TA"="Brown Stuff"

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enemy Mine.

Which it happened to improve upon, in my estimation. Neat spacecraft, odd aliens.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank God TOS never ripped off any old sci-fi stories, eh?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at work and can't look it up, but I'm sure we've seen these aliens before, in a TNG episode maybe.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least it wasn't Archer in this rendition of miscommunications past.

At first (and in the commercials), I thought it was going to be another Kirk-Gorn type conflict, but then it turned into Picard and the "Shaka, when the walls fell" guy. A little disappointing that it was so heavily based on that, but overall it was an above average Trek episode, making it by far the best thing still to watch Wednesdays at 8.

--------------------
You've got to be kidding!
I'm wet, I'm naked, your sister is wearing my clothes
And this is all part of some evil plot to rule the world as a soggy chimp in my BIRTHDAY SUIT???!!!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reminded me more of The Enemy than of Darmok. Decent execution overall, though the marooned alien-of-the-week-whose-name-escapes-me was too distrusting to be credible. He KNEW that it was in his best interest to cooperate, and YET he chose to attack Trip after being untied by him. Not the brightest move to make when facing death.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but remember that we've seen behavior in intelligent humanoid aliens before which - to our minds - is not entirely rational. Klingons also tend to be (to our eyes) much unreasonably hostile and aggressive - but in THEIR cultural matrix (based more upon surival of the fittest) - it is the only (and quite logical) way to behave.

I try not to draw too much behavior expectations from appearance, but look at their faces and think 'fighting fish'.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After watching the episode a second time I noticed that the "Alien" seemed a little tired after spitting his magical spit. Well maybe...

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have we seen the Arkonians before, or do I just need more expensive drugs?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let us not forget the TNG episode, "The Enemy", where Geordi is stuck on a planet with a Romulan.

I think they need a new rules for Enterprise.
No "traped on a planet with the enemy" or "Someone goes to Prison".

With all the possibilities of showing skin, I'm suprised they haven't done a "prison" episode.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, the Arkonians have not appeared before, nor, to my knowledge, been mentioned.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Let us not forget the TNG episode, 'The Enemy', where Geordi is stuck on a planet with a Romulan."

Well, since Cartman mentioned it four posts above yours, I think we had a pretty good chance of remembering it...

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*blinks* And here I thought this topic was about me for some odd reason... Tho, I don't know why I'd have spoilers...

- The Original "Dawn" of Flare [Razz]

On Topic: Ehhh. Didn't see it.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps