Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "Enterprise" CANCELLED

Author Topic: "Enterprise" CANCELLED
Timelord
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
This is the headline I am anxiously waiting to read at the UPN website. Enterprise is a lame, sway-backed mare desperately in need of a mercy shot to the head. Kill it - KILL IT NOW.

Of course, this opinion is certain to get me flamed big-time, but the end for this sorry immitation of Trek is near, and you know it, so flame on oh you denizens of your parents' basements...

When Enterprise premiered, a few insightful viewers pointed out the many glaring similarities (rip-offs) between the new show and previous incarnations. Kirk's 1701 was the FIRST Enterprise as firmly established canon (but Braga and Berman are the producers and do as they damn well please). The ship design is an Akira rip-off (it IS, get over it...)Then we have the transporter, the phasers (oh, sorry "phase pistols"),the Vulcan science officer, the Klingons, Ferengi, and Borg - oh my...

Most of those who vehemently disagreed with my opinions argued we should give the show a chance, so here we are a year later and look what you have - a low-rated, tiresome space opera.

To be honest, the defenders of this runt of an offspring, suckling at the dry, empty udders of the Star Trek cash cow, have shown more originality and skill in attempting to rationalize the innumerable affronts to continuity than the writers/producers have in crafting the show...

I was actually optimistic when I first heard of a new prequel series. My distrust of Braga/Berman notwithstanding, I was hoping to see something innovative and original, a chance to explore the origins of Starfleet and the Federation in a dangerous galaxy full of unknowns. This show could have been a fantastic opportunity to explore interesting questions that the characters of the TNG time period knew the answer to but the audience never did. What tragic events led to the creation of the prime directive? Why do pre-TMP Klingons look so different? What was the aftermath of the Earth-Romulan war?

Enterprise is a sad, watered-down version of a show that was ground-breaking, innovative, and thought-provoking. It is, in my opinion, nothing more than an attempt by failing producers to hold on to lucrative positions as head of the "franchise." They probably have deluded themselves into thinking there is life yet in their misbegotten creation. After all, there is over 35 years of other people's intellectual property they can steal when they need a plot, character, or setting.

This series is certain to be cancelled. And when it is, you can bet there won't be any campaign to bring it back. Thank god... Sorry, Gene. [Frown]

IP: Logged
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was productive.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, this is old news....

....lets beat a dead horse.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If "Voyager" ran for seven years, why would "Enterprise" not? Nevermind that "Enterprise" is a much better show.

Also, Kirk's Enterprise was established as being the first ship to bear the name in the UFP Starfleet. Certainly you're not suggesting that the existance of a US aircraft carrier named "Enterprise" is non-canon, are you?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um....you call yourself "Timelord" and yet have the gall to bitch about Enterprise?
At least Archer's not running from pepper shakers! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for trolling.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps