Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » I just saw Carbon Creek

Author Topic: I just saw Carbon Creek
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG... I SO LOVED THIS EPISODE!!

Wow. This has to be up there with some of the best Treks.

This and Dear Doctor lead the pack of Enterprise episodes so far.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up on Carbon Creek, she sends me
If I spring a leak, she mends me
I don't have to speak, she defends me
A drunkards dream if I ever did see one....

It was an interesting episode....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but in this monkey's opinion, it sucked.

It was the single most disgraceful portrayal of Vulcans on ENT (or anywhere) to date. ("Why did you lie?" "Because you wouldn't have understood!") And that was merely adding insult to injury, given the fact that the plot was...shall we say...weak as hell. ("We've crash landed!" "We shouldn't interfere with these humans!" "We should find out more about them!" "Okay, we'll disguise ourselves and live amongst them while we try to build a distress beacon!" "We have to save the miners!" "I want to stay here! This is my home now!") What wasn't boring was laughable or cringeworthy. I didn't find ANY redeeming qualities in it at all.

That's all just IMHO, of course.

And no, I'm not just bashing ENT. I actually like a good deal of what's been done on the show, but this ep isn't part of it.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
"Dear Doctor" was decent, but not great.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only interesting part of the episode was the SFX of 20th Century Vulcan ships. Otherwise, I thought the story was kind of lame, however maybe T'pol is just a lousy story teller, she can't have it all, don't ya know. [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's not always about the Tech people?

That's why I dearly love DS9 - cause it's Trek - but it's not leaving you with a dry tech taste in your mouth.

This episode had HEART. Wether it was pumping with green or red blood.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm simply saying that the Tech was the only thing that episode really had. Otherwise it full of cliches and pretty much served as 'filler with tech' than actually moving the series any further forward, which DS9 generally did.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sentiments are pretty much the same. I am most certainly not griping about the episode's tech. (Hell, it did give us not one but TWO new [if a little prosaic] Vulcan ship designs...) I am complaining about the poor quality of the writing and the acting on the part of the guys playing the Vulcans, including Jolene Blalock.

And I too loved DS9. [Wink]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well I couldn't disagree with you more. Carbon Creek was one damn fine episode.

The Actors including Blalock played their parts to a tee. MUCH better than those pathetic actors from "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" *shudder*

Actually - do you think that was a little reference back to that episode - as to why the Vulcans might have enjoyed Baseball? It might be genetic? [Smile] Maybe Sisko is part Vulcan!

[Smile]

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps