Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Star Trek: Enterprise (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Star Trek: Enterprise
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:

I just pray that if they DO bring in the Romulan War, they don't twist it into part of this damn Temporal Cold War.

The TCW will probably be the reason FOR the Romulan War...I will curse the day that happens...

Khaaaaaaaaan!!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Middy Seafort:
That would've been interesting. One thing that I dislike about television is the lack of aftermath.

Because, as everyone knows, season 5 of Babylon 5 was the bestest ever.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It did have a kickass final quintet from The Fall Of Centauri Prime to Sleeping In Light. And, uh, some Psi-Corps stuff. Closure!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Middy Seafort:
One thing that I dislike about television is the lack of aftermath.

because AfterM*A*S*H was a great show too...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, B5S5 would have been much better with Ivanova. It wasn't the subject matter that was the problem for me, it was the fact that I didn't care about a single person on the command staff.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ivonova was the best character ever for you?

Er, that one with the assassian was dull as hell. (Object at Rest?) And Sleeping In Light was season 4 produced, so it doesn't count.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are probably the same ones that are glad that Peter Jackson decided not to film the Scouring of the Shire for "Return of the King"... [Razz]

The aftermath may not be the most exciting, but it's always important in its own way. So what if it doesn't give you the same adrenaline rush?

(Note: I wasn't exactly fond of all of B5 S5 myself, but that was mainly because Byron made me feel sick.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually out of all the characters I think that Malcom was the best... but Ivonnava had her points. All of them did to be honest--- each one of them were much better written than any Trek character. The Lt. Coran [he was XO in S5, but 2nd for most of the rest of the series I think] compares to Harry Kim in certain ways, but Coran is much better. I think that Lochley was one of the worst written characters in B5, but that was because of the situation with C.C. leaving. However, even Lochley was better than many Trek characters [may we compare her to Janeway who is two-dimensional in comparison to Lochley?].

Anyway believe it or not, B5 isn't about the station it's the story of Londo, which is a great story line in and of itself... I realized this after watching it all the way through and then seeing the first episode again... it's Londo that says "I was there at the beginning of the third age of mankind" in "The Gathering". Londo was highly involved in the Earth-Mimbari war, despite not wanting to be [this is what he says at the beginning of "In The Beginning", however he was the one that prevented the peace summit from being completed (although he carries that guilt he didn't know better, it was G'Kar's fault too if it's Londo's)]. It was Londo that used the Shadow's against the Narn, which was the first step in the Shadow War. It was Londo who made it possible for Cartasia to invite the Shadow's to Centauri Prime, which would eventually lead to the Drakh making the Centauri their scapegoats. More than likely Londo would have been in some way involved with the attack on Earth which started Crusade [he was still alive then, the Drakh were still on Centauri Prime, and they were using Centauri Prime as a base... Londo would have had to been involved somehow, with his knowledge or not of the events that follow]. B5 is about Londo, his futile and pathetic attempt at trying to get ahead landed him at the bottom of the food chain, a worm on the hook of the Drakh's fishing pole.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Well, no. One of the story threads is about Londo. Another is about Sheridan. Another is about G'Kar. Another is about Garibaldi. And so forth.

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually out of all the characters I think that Malcom was the best...

Well, you must not have liked him all that much, seeing as there was no such character to the best of my memory. Marcus, perhaps?

The Lt. Coran

Corwin

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Bloody bastards. Bloody bastard bloody sodding bloody bastards bitches. Bloody.

Bloody.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Bloody bastards. Bloody bastard bloody sodding bloody bastards bitches. Bloody.

Bloody.

i agree wholeheartedly.

what are you referring to again?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
You guys are probably the same ones that are glad that Peter Jackson decided not to film the Scouring of the Shire for "Return of the King"... [Razz]

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Spoilersssssss ((for the movie)) basssstard!!

Why didn't he do that!?! The Scouring of the Shire is one of the saddest - most moving parts of the book. *sniff*

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How is it a spoiler to point out what is being cut from the movie? Also, how is it a spoiler if you've read the book?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"what are you referring to again?"

Marcus

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps