Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Terraforming Mars.... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Terraforming Mars....
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Shakaar, go away and read Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy. Then come back and we'll discuss.

I think I read the first book of that series in school a few years back. Is that the one with the nanotube space elevator, and the taller mars people who engaged in incestuous [sp?] relationships? (the librarians up here don't do a very thorough job screening these books. The cousin fucking in The Chrysalids comes to mind. And the wild sex orgies and global domination of the Ford Motor co. from some other book whose title escapes me at the moment.
So, you think the librarians SHOULD screen your books?

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Forget Kim, it's the poor woman whose middle name is Stanley that I'd worry about."

Well, I had figured it was a maiden name.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for books intended for first year High Schoolers, ya, some of those books shouldn't be in school libraries. I stopped reading red mars cuz it was a little too graphic at the time, My english teacher actually made us stop reading the Chrysalids when the cousin fucking came up (she was a new teacher and wasn't used to the curriculum and she was a bit of a prude) she gave us all full marks for the test tho.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And she didn't think it was a good idea to maybe read the book she was suppossed to be teaching? It would have taken her, what two days at most?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I don't try to understand teacher logic, I just try to keep one ear and one eye open while the rest of me is snoozing. It's amazing how much time you can sleep in high school and still come away with an %80 average. In Biology class I never took a page of notes, just sat and half listened, For finals I just read the text book and got %94 percent. Same with Law, except my Law teacher was another whacko, someone put Acid in her coffee one day and she went on a pretty bad trip. Never was the same after that day. (and no, it wasn't me, although I would have if I got the chance, maybe I'll do that to my boss) Oh ya, another student tricked my com sci teacher into smoking a joint (again, wasn't me, if your wondering) and he spent the whole class laughing, then he took us out for donuts. Then there was Christian Ethics class, slept through every single period, ended up with a 40 something before finals, came out with a 92, guess i got the bonus question. There was some people there who worked like dogs to get thier 80 somethings... Man, high school was fun.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel sorry for teachers.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I dunno, I don't try to understand teacher logic, I just try to keep one ear and one eye open while the rest of me is snoozing."

Is that why you don't even know that percent signs come after the numbers...?

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Those were typos [Razz]

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typos, here, on this board, no, never.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
And she didn't think it was a good idea to maybe read the book she was suppossed to be teaching? It would have taken her, what two days at most?

I had a teacher in 8th grade who taught Frankenstein and A Midsummer Night's Dream without having read either. She used Cliffs Notes.

As far as I know she still teaches there because nobody else is willing to work for that school's wacko principal/administration.

As for terraforming in Trek... it at least follows with the rest of Trek science (that is: if it sounds good, it must be true.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Way to go. I was going to dredge this little gem up in January. Thanks for ruining that. [Razz]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps