Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise advert (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise advert
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the music to Star Trek VI was largely based off of Holst's The Planets. The most telling part is the opening sequence -- sounds way too similar to Mars, Bringer of War. But I'll agree, I liked the ST6 music.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ST6, Generations, First Contact and ST2 and 3 were the best. I do own all the soundtracks...but those are my faves
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a reason that ST VI sounds like The Planets. Originally, Meyer wanted to score the film with Holst's music. But they couldn't afford the rights (which is a good thing, I think). The low amount of money available probably explains why they got a relative "unknown" to do the music. I imagine Meyer told Chris Eithingy to make it sound like the planets. And he did a good job overall.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do agree that Cliff Eidelman did an excellent job. That's one of my favorite soundtracks.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The music.. I like Blur - Song 2. Creed on the other hand I hate and all the other depressing crap songs my radio station refers as 'MopeRock'.

The preview itself I liked. It got me interested in Enterprise, kind of the whole point. Aside from the ripped off Akira design, or a few other visual inconsistancies I won't let that stop me from enjoying it.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see a "Zimmer-like" soundtrack for Enterprise as opposed to as "Williams-like" soundrtack, if that makes sense. Listen to the soundtracts to Crimson Tide (one of my favorite soundtracks) or The Rock and compare with Star Wars or any Trek movie to see what I'm talking about. Still classical, still orchestral, but with a more modern beat and drum line. I think it would fit both the era and the thematic ideas associated with a more dangerous, unproven time of exploration.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably my favourite StarTrek music comes from First Contact

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you really want to hear Holst, listen to the pre-battle leadup in "Sacrifice of Angels."

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only technoTrek music I can think of is Generations and Star Trek 4 opening music. Now Trek4 is shit music.

I think they need to change the music slightly but not to the point where you think that UPN is trying to bring in a younger crowd (which it is) See where I live UPN is viewed as a BET type network, just doesn't blantly tell you that's all. See if Trek was on any other real networkds like CBS, NBC, FOX or whatnot Trek could have a better ratings but it will be hard pressed to keep it like that though.

Its not 'the end of Star Trek' until they start having a 'babe of the week' type episode. That worked for TOS but now, its viewed as trash now.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I'd give Trek a season on a major network. It would be cancelled after that. Two, at the most.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it really. In TOS we got those nice mini skirts and all sorts of exotic alien costumes.

now we live in the wonderfully political correctness driven world where tight outfits (that cover everything) are so WRONG..

OMG THEY ARE DOING IT JUST FOR RATING THATS ALL THE SHOW IS ABOUT.

People are blinded by it, its just really sad.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to go give it a chance, but I won't watch it as a Star Trek series. I'll watch it as a new sci-fi one instead. Like Farscape or Babylon 5. I downloaded the promo and took some shots off it to get a better idea on it too, I need more though.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm going to go give it a chance, but I won't watch it as a Star Trek series.

What does that even mean?

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It means I don't see it as being apart of the Star Trek universe. It looks nothing like Trek at all from the promo I've seen. Instead of thinking of it as being another segment of Star Trek, I'll consider it to be something new and different from that whole franchise.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, why?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps