Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Birth of the Federation

Author Topic: Birth of the Federation
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not the keeper of the almighty timeline, but am I correct in assuming that this show (set in 2151 to 2158 if they keep a one-to-one relationship with out time) may have the Romulan War.

And if so, if the Federation was created in 2161, we will be seeing some of the pre-signing diplomacy going on (similar to Journey to Babel).

And the follow-up series (or movies) will have the actual BOF.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of the things that does concern about Enterprise. Assuming a seven-year run, the series will not finish with the birth of the Federation unless 1) the season is not exactly a year, 2) years are skipped between seasons or months skipped between episodes, or 3) the powers that be decide to have the Federation formed in 2158. And if that happens, I won't be too happy about it. ::shrug:: The other alternative is that we know there probably isn't going to be a DS9 or Voyager series of Star Trek movies. Paramount MIGHT get a Star Trek XI out of the TNG cast or a TNG/DS9/Voyager combo cast, but that'll probably be it. I wonder if Paramount is hoping Enterprise will go to spawn the next set of Star Trek movies? That'll be the best to show the founding of the Federation.
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon it'll all depend on the success of the show. If, after a couple of seasons, the producers think that people aren't quite warming to the pre-Federation frontier concept, they might skip a few years, to the forming of the Federation and the familiar uniforms etc.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Familiar uniforms? You mean the TOS ones? The ones that were in use one hundred years later?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
They probably will do Voyager series of movies. Nemesis is slated for 2002 so they will probably have to do something for a movie. Since Enterprise will probably do seven years if it is a flop or they will start a new series. Anyway, Voy will go first. But I think there is a time and place for a Ds9 film in the future.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Dr Phlox ]

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps