Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Dr. Phlox, I presume...

Author Topic: Dr. Phlox, I presume...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well maybe not. But anyway, in the Enterprise Promo we see some mystery figure behind Tucker (the field jacket scene.) Now, in a few other places some people had speculated it was the Phlox man, but the images out at that point were at such a low quality I don't think there was any way of telling. Anyway, Tim suggested to me again tongiht that this dude was the good doctor, and after taking a closer look with a higher quality mpeg, I think he might be right.

Billingsley described his makeup as follows

quote:
I've got three prosthetic pieces: I've got a forehead, ears and a chin, and all of that is painted over in a kind of burnt sienna and a mottled brown. So it's a sort of a striated and mottled complexion I have. And I have giant blue eyes. And my hair is pretty much my own, with one little piece that sort of augments it.

...and TrekWeb reported based on a leaked interal UPN video a few days earlier that he's got

quote:
cranial ridges that extend up and around the eyes

Have a
look and see if this matches up...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like we may a winner here...
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heh i noticed it awhile back. i do belive it is Phlox. how do you capture from MPEG video? Hypersnap doesnt work
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, Microsoft thought taking snaps of MPEGs was no longer a useful function when they did the second-last version of Windows Media Player. I've still got an older version that came with Win 98 that allows "Copy Selection," which in the case of one selected frame is just an image. Curious stuff.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just resorted to pausing the movie at the point I want then hitting print screen. I then load up my photo program and edit out my desktop and the mediaplayer. More trouble than it's usually worth, though.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From that angle, he looks a little like Zathras from Babylon 5.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Daily Trek this is Dr. Phlox

Maybe a Cardassian?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over at TrekBBS, they've already decided that picture is a fake. Someone enhanced it and pointed out where it was altered. People were also complaining how unoriginal Phlonx was, and how he just looked Cardassian.

--------------------
"Most Trek chicks are fat ugly dogs who could burn the plating off a starship with their looks."
--The Ultimate Trekker, TrekBBS, December 26, 2001

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something unoriginal in Enterprise? Say it isn't so!

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps