Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The big BDO list (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The big BDO list
RAMA
Member # 380

- posted      Profile for RAMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://users2.cgiforme.com/trekpitch/messages/48.html

Check out the link.

RAMA

------------------
Recession repression regression
Shifts of scenery
And warning tremors of landslides
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside
Your kingdom slips out of your hands

[This message has been edited by RAMA (edited January 24, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno... It's not a link to a site, really... Just to a post on a message board...

I leave it up to someone else to decide...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can be interpreted as spam, but if RAMA wanted to talk about the size of various objects in the sci-fi genre, then he should actually start talking about it and then backing it up with that link.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't call it spam, in my honest opinion. But 'tis true there should have been an intro to a debate or idea before giving us the link instead of just giving us the link.

Since I have viewed it, it's an interesting list. I am curious where all of those figures and ships/space structures came from. I don't even recognize some of them.

And as a small nitpick -- the font you used in that message on the link, RAMA, is really kinda hard to read.

------------------
694 consecutive rejections by women since January 1993.

RAMA
Member # 380

- posted      Profile for RAMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Utter nonsense. Its not spam, its a link to a site that I don't have have to repost all my html in stupid UBB code. The link itself is an updated response to the size of the mushroom spacedock thread, but I put it on a new link since it also is a comparison to other SF universes...an interesting tech comparison in itself. So you guys need to relax before I have to slap you all silly, ok?

I refer you to the bottom of this post on page 1:
http://flare.solareclipse.net/Forum9/HTML/000994.html

Anymore questions?

RAMA

------------------
Shifts of scenery
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside

[This message has been edited by RAMA (edited January 25, 2001).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uh, yeah, why did you Spam?

I believe the board definition of spam is when you post a link just for the sake of posting a link. If it was related to the Mushroom starbases thread, put it in the thread!

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

RAMA
Member # 380

Then the definition doesn't even remotely fit since there is a specific, stated reason. Please refrain from responding to my posts from now on if you're going to act the fool.

RAMA

------------------
Shifts of scenery
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RAMA, that's the point for posting....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them....

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my Lord, you people, c'mon! Is not the idea of a forum such as this to constructively discuss ideas and help other who need consultation? Surely it is not to fire insults over minor breach of protocol. I don't mean to throw the "holier than thou" nonsense at you because I'm sure I've done it too, but really! Granted, in the original post, there was no explanation, just a link, and what was on the link didn't seem totally connected to anything, but now that we do know what its all about, lets respond normally instead of raining down upon a fellow forum member like hailstones on a piece of plate glass. Otherwise, there is no point whatsoever in responding to this and it might as well be stricken from the forum. (NOT like I'm advocating that, thank you!)

Knowing our own faults, there is little we dare criticize about others.
- I Don't Remember :-)

P.S. If you think I'm a self-righteous hypocrite, you're probably right. We all are. Don't hate me because I'm an average person.

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must agree that this is not spam. I personally wouldn't want to have to repost all of that info if I didn't have to. Since the link only went to a post that Rama made I don't feel that it can be classified as spam. However Rama your comment was not nessecary. This forum is here to let all people post no matter what there opinion is. If you post something expect somebody to respond with something you don't like. That is life on this forum so learn to live with it.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CRTL + C = copy
CRTL + V = paste

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm saying that this isn't spam. I'm going to point CC to this, just to be certain we have the highest official word on the matter, but, unless he says it's spam, assume that it isn't, and drop the matter!

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not spam.

Spam is advertising for a website, service, etc, that you own/control/promote elsewhere.

He's just posting a link of interest, not spamming.

------------------
"Babies are squirmy, ugly, dirty, smelly, and noisy. They'd offend all five of my senses if I had any reason to lick one..."
-- TSN, 2001.01.11 23:27, PhoenixChat

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Big Giant Capps has spoken...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited January 26, 2001).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps