Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Where does Voyager store all it's shuttles???? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where does Voyager store all it's shuttles????
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmmm. Ok I know you guys can't see the picture, and I'd be glad to try posting it again, but would you mind filling me in on the 'Flare upload thingy'?

------------------
If anyone has a Star wars action fleet E-wing starfighter or Tie defender toy they want to sell, please E-mail me at [email protected]

IP: Logged
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I've finally got to know the "upload thingy". Here are the pics of the interior of the Ent-D main shuttlebay aka shuttlebay 1:
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/bay1entrance.jpg http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/bay1interior.jpg

Pic 1 shows the model built for "Cause and effect"
Pic 2 is an interior model built by Greg Jein IIRC, which was never used in an episode

Can't remember where I got the pictures from, so I don't know who to credit. Sorry.

------------------
RIMMER [as Ace]: "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That little door on the Starboard wall of the bay must either be an airlock or access to a really narrow crawlspace. It's right on the outer hull!

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite. Look at the galaxy saucer top view. It seems that the exterior side walls of the hangar deck extend in a curve to the floor, leaving room at least for a standard corridor. It's not just a straight wall.

Take a look at this for explanation:
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/galaxy.jpg

------------------
RIMMER [as Ace]: "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm. Maybe. Darn narrow corridor though. There also seems to be an observation gallery of some sort right above that door in the first pic.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that door simply leads to the observation galley?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never before seen those pictures, and even though they allude to the immensityof the Galaxy's main shuttle size, it doesn't do it justice. I don't know how consistent the "Galaxy class blueprints" are with other information, but the main shuttle bay is shown to extend all the way to the center of the saucer. That elliptical protrusion above the saucer but below the bridge (deck 1)? about three decks of that, if I remember correctly, are devoted the the shuttle bay. It has maintenence bays, refueling stations, and I reckon even construction facilities.

An interesting note about the "blueprints," though. They do not show the 'corridor' portion of the shuttle bay.

------------------
"Evil takes many forms, but my favorite is a jelly donut."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps