Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$ Voyager Workforce, Part I Alien Ship $$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$ Voyager Workforce, Part I Alien Ship $$$
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF?! THAT WAS A BREEN SHIP!!! I would get screen caps but my TVX is messing up. Anyway... I know that was a breen ship.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing part 1, it does look like a Breen warship in the preview of part 2. Not as green when we saw them in DS9, but it does have the similar Breen hull configuration. Looks like the Trek VFX department is recycling stuff again...

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What - like we wouldn't notice?! Aw, this sucks.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like they used the Breen ship and copy/flipped/pasted a part to make it symmetrical:

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited February 22, 2001).]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::sigh:: Yet again college basketball pre-empted Voyager. That's like 5 weeks now. And when I tried to catch it last Saturday night when they air it and Seven Days both shows were pre-empted for another goddamn basketball game.

------------------
Flare: Where sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know exactly what they did to it, but it's definitely either made of Breen parts or Son'a parts (or both)

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This would be the ship...

http://sapphireeclipse.virtualave.net/NotBreen.jpg

They just took out the biggest centre section and maybe a few of the weapons...

------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

SapphireEclipse Productions
http://sapphireeclipse.3dworlds.org

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... looks like a Vaktoth-class Kilrathi heavy fighter, with a different color scheme

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute. Now I see what they've done! They took the longest 'arm' (the one greyed out in the NotBreen picture by The Vorlon) and have put it on both edges of a bare wing. Then they put the only 'arm' without a forward gun and put it in the exact center. And as finishing touch two of the shorter arms on the bottom.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was totally pissed when I saw this episode. This just reinforces the theory that TPTB really don't give a damn about what the fans think. I'm so glad Voyager is coming to an end.

BTW, Ralph Malph from Happy Days played the Quarren doctor.

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And did anyone else see the UP barbell-starbases in orbit of Quarra?

Also, did anyone remember about the SW aliens that are called the Quarren?

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I thought the barbell starbases were pretty cool. I can almost guarantee we'll see them again as some other alien race's station (or even the Federation's).

Also, the Quarren had some smaller fighter-type ships. They were only seen for a few seconds. Anyone got 'caps yet?

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, someone commented that the Quarren fighter deals looked like the Delta Flyer.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is your evidence that the people involved are out to get you? A previous model, reworked (and to a degree that would have been quite difficult with a physical model) into a new ship? If this is going to be our standard, I don't see how we can ever enjoy anything on television, especially when it comes to the expensive and elaborate effects that mark science fiction. This is such an amazingly minor complaint. Does anyone actually watch episodes anymore, or is it just a notebook + pause button exercise these days? I love the effects and the technology as much as anyone else. Inconsistancy bugs me too. But to even suggest that that is or should be the defining aspect of a show strikes me as being very silly.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE the visual effects and my life is based on one day creating such effects http://www.techfx.org

Anyhoo, i was just excited to be the first to post this. The first few frames that showed the breen lookalike I was already loading Flare... hehehe

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps