Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Lexington-class

Author Topic: Lexington-class
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or does the Lexington-Class starship from Star Trek: Klingon Acadamy look alot like the TMP era version of the Sovereign-Class starship

------------------
If anyone has a Star wars action fleet E-wing starfighter or Tie defender toy they want to sell, please E-mail me at [email protected]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm -- anyone got a screencap?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.interplay.com/klingon/images/FCC.jpg

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIB: Yes, but it could be just the angle.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sovvie has alot of allusions to TMP era ship design anyway, IMHO.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it looks more like a New Orleans-class type myself.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like an Excelsior/Constitution-II hybrid to me.

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To tell you the truth, it just looks like a Belknap ship from the Ships of the Fleet books.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Looks like an Excelsior/Constitution-II hybrid to me."

Which, IIRC, is one of the ways that the Sovereign has bene described.

I thought it looked like a TOS movie-era Enterprise-E too, MIB.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It rather looks like a Excelsior-saucer/Constitution-stardrive+nacelles hybrid.

Boris

------------------
I'm not the Boris Skrbic on the Grafitti Wall website

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes, that was what I was going for... :-)

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops...well, er, you see, that only shows how right YOU were, since I arrived at the conclusion independently. Now, the answer is not just one person's opinion, but a description with a measure of statistical validity, right?

As for the Sovereign...I don't know, it just looks too angular, and the saucer is so Excelsior, while that of the Sovereign is kinda elliptical.

Boris

------------------
I'm not the Boris Skrbic on the Grafitti Wall website

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matrix: The belknap has a very long and high neck, making the saucer ride much higher than the body. The Lexington is a very straight design.

I love it, I wish they'd had those for real in 2290.

It's not too long, not too short, and keeps the fine proportions of the best traditions of Starfleet engineering. Also I love white ships, the dull grey set by the Ent-D is awful, IMO. The sovereign made up for that somewhat in the earth orbit of FC.

Too bad you can't fly the Lex in Klingon Academy, except for in multiplayer, I guess. Haven't played the full version...

------------------
You can't kill me, I'm charming!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps