Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise D in ST:Generations

Author Topic: Enterprise D in ST:Generations
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have heard about the E-D being changed and upgraded from its original TNG design for Generations. what changes were made to the model? do the galaxy classes in DS9 have these same changes?

thanks a lot!
--jacob

p.s. what does TPTB stand for?

------------------

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFIK, the 6 foot model was spruced up and repainted. A CGI was made accordingly for SFX shots that needed it and a 12 foot saucer model was made for the crash sequence.

TPTB=The powers that be...meaning the producers and the people at Paramount.

The Venture from DS9 was the 4 foot model with all the extra stuff taken off from AGT, except the phaser strips in the nacelles.

A slightly different CGI was made that had a blackened upper spine but was only used in one episode. The majority of the Galaxys on DS9 was of the original CGI made for Generations.
------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

[This message has been edited by PopMaze (edited March 07, 2001).]

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for telling me what TPTB means! does anyone know the specific changes done the model for Generations?

--jacob

IP: Logged
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mostly the paint job. They painted it a deeper bluish aztec pattern, and redecaled everything - for example, all the escape pod hatches had numbers on them, where before they weren't detailed at all.

Mark

PS - Hey, at what point do I get to change the caption under my name, anyway?

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After thou hast posted on this board 250 times, thou mayst change thine status line.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited March 07, 2001).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps