Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » questions regarding 8472's "phasers"?

Author Topic: questions regarding 8472's "phasers"?
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can phasers fire in liquid-water ect....?and is there any screen evidence to show they can

if they can't then what kind of weapons do 8472 use anyway?

they slice through borg shields and hull like butter?ruin cereal like milk, milt snow like......you get the point

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no info on anything about them except their biological ships. The producers probably declared them a dead end, buddies with Starfleet after their second encounter. From "This galaxy will be cleansed" to "Here, have a rose" in two episodes...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damm producers!

so would you use phasers to boil soup?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone's just hit upon the true identity of series V.

Star Trek: Emeril.

"And here we've got a nice Bolian dish. Careful, those spices will chew right through your mucus membranes. Bam!"

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leave it someone to ruin a good villian to the peac loving race. They also ruin the best villian Trek has, the Borg. From unstoppable force to the Villian of the Week.

Species 8472 could have been a whole lot better but no we got peace loving freak of nature.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could've been the Vorlons of Trek! And I didn't imply their ships look vorlon, I meant their superior , wordless and decisive attitude. That too was ruined by "In The Flesh".
"Boothby" should've stopped trying to impress the humans with typical human expressions the minute their cover was blown.
Yeah, like 8472 really appreciates roses. And he gives one to Katie, aww, what a polite squid!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but these Vorlons would've been a tad bit too powerful, don't you think? (but of course, changing them into peace-loving flowerpower bugs (BIG bugs) over night was ridiculous to say the least.)

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Nim
Member # 205

Well the vorlons and the shadows were the two most dangerous races in B5, as are 8472 and the borg.

But I agree that the invulnerability of the bio-ships was a bit too good, although the borg needed that motivation to join Voyager...

------------------
You can't kill me, I'm charming!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiosity, what the hell are you talking about? Studying ways in which to better destroy the Federation and then deciding to maybe not destroy them until all the facts are in equals pacifism? Yeah, ok, and I'm Edward R. Murrow.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps