Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Warp-Distance-Time

Author Topic: Warp-Distance-Time
DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apart form the one of Star Trek Dimension is there one which operates above Warp 9.6 where you input the Warp speed and distance and get an answer for the time it takes to travel that distance at that speed.

------------------

IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bursts out laughing*

------------------
"I never saw the TAS, there actually was sex on the bridge?"

- Matrix, 14/03/2001

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I�m actually rather tired of this Darkstar bashing. So you think that he doesn�t reach up to your *high* level of intelligence, so what?
Leave it be!

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

[This message has been edited by pIn'a' Sov (edited March 15, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there "one" what? I'd be happy to try and answer the question if I can, but I just don't know what it is.

Maybe the LSD is kicking in or something...

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume he's looking for an automated table - enter the wf, get the speed in multiples of c. I thought I's seen one once...

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen, Pynasov or however you pronounce your name, we're not bashing him. I mean, have you actually read what he wrote? It makes no sense! Is it a statement or a question? And it's funny. Darkie's posts are never boring.

------------------

- Matrix, 14/03/2001

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It made perfect sense to me, but then again, I speak an alien language...

(BTW, Vogon Poet, *do* try to learn to pronounce Swedish correctly - "Pynasov" is a rather severe insult that could get you into a traditional duel-to-death with sharp icicles if you used it face-to-face.)

Timo Saloniemi

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I thought it made sense too, but then, I�m swedish and english isn�t my native tongue either.

Vogon: Yes, I do read posts, actually. And sure, sometimes the spelling is wrong, or words missing, but so what? If I get it, why nitpick?

Oh, and by the way, pronounce it however you like, I don�t care.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't underestimate finnish prejudice of swedish traditions and climate, however close they may be.

I have never seen anyone using ice as a weapon, we mostly have spears and leather-clad clubs, riding around on our polarbears.

Pynas - Penis? Sov - Slept? It sounds klingon or russian... Are we accused of resting on mattresses made out of male reproduction organs?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Lee
Member # 393

Oh my God! Suddenly everything is clear! Darkie isn't from Swindon, he's from SWEDEN!

And, Pineychops, I really would like to know how you pronounce it. I'm interested.

Nimmy baby: DO try to keep up. Surely it's "Sleeping Penis?" Which could be another way of saying "impotent," which in a country as sex-mad as Sweden (we Brits all think Sweden is sex mad - you know, Private video, sex shops on every street, saunas, birching. . .) would be a deadly insult. 8)

------------------

- Matrix, 14/03/2001

Starship Freak
Member # 293

No, no, no, of course it means big f***ing penis ;-)

Seriously though, it IS klingon. So it is to be pronounced with as much gargling noice and spitting as possible. If possible, swing a knife wildly around you at the same time.

------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
***falls of his chair laughing****

This is the best thread in years as far as my favorite kind of humor is concerned.

Keep up the good work. ;-)

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insect Reflection?

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps